Board Logo

Roof lining and interior trim in 66 bug - where does it start/stop?
pfillery - May 13th, 2013 at 01:31 PM

So trimming the inside of a 60's bug, what generally needs to be painted and what is covered by hoodlining material? I know anything custom is possible but I have a replacement hood liner kit with bows and I've seen some that go right down the "sides" of the roof and some that just seem to be an insert and the side parts are painted. It also looks like it is supposed to go down around the back window as well but clearly no the windscreen, so how and where does it clip/glue/fit and where would you normally see metal? Around the side quarter windows? I just needed an idea where needs painting and where it doesn't.

Joel - May 13th, 2013 at 04:12 PM

Depends if your car is a deluxe or a standard.

Standards only had the center section of headliner with the rest just painted where as Deluxes had the full headliner.

psimitar - June 17th, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Also, not sure when it changed from the central insert to full length roof liner but early 60s had the central insert and the side channel up to the start of the doors curve. Fron t section and windscreen pillars were painted.