Board Logo

doof doof and stripped interior styles mixed
DIY-DUB - January 2nd, 2006 at 02:35 PM

stripped interior style with stereo, does it go that is the question....

example:
front seats only, door trim, something on the floor but not much, and a box with subs on the back shelf, kick panels with splits, eg dasdubber, and maybe some in the rear side panel bits...

buzzbug - January 2nd, 2006 at 04:24 PM

it would look odd to me,

a race look interior with a sterio install, kinda opose each other.

Lee.

killakornkobb - January 2nd, 2006 at 04:44 PM

agreed, and would prolly sound tinny as f$%^ too...

DIY-DUB - January 2nd, 2006 at 06:11 PM

my thoughts exactly but i like music:cry

oval TOFU - January 2nd, 2006 at 08:30 PM

you'll need sound barrier/sound deadening material in your car so that you can actually hear ya stereo properly - otherwise it'll sound like crap. No clarity, too much engine/road/tyre/wind/general 20+ y.o. beetle body noise..

ColumBUS - January 2nd, 2006 at 09:51 PM

dont do it. your music will suffer badly. and it will look awful, and wanky. it will be like playing your music in a chicken shed.
all or nothing mate, especially with a hard core race style like stripping your car.

DIY-DUB - January 2nd, 2006 at 10:04 PM

oh well looks liek ill have 2 buy an ipod:tu:

71superbug - January 3rd, 2006 at 02:22 AM

ian swinkles ran a fairly stripped interior with a stereo for a while. and if you wanted you could make a custom setup for the amps to plug into .etc.

obviously would take away from the lightening effect of stripping a car but depending on how much weight you take out of the car it might even itself out.

Anthony

71superbug - January 3rd, 2006 at 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by buzzbug
it would look odd to me,

a race look interior with a sterio install, kinda opose each other.

Lee.

since when has a RACE style stripped interior meant to look good. as long as its light then its right ;)

Anthony

DIY-DUB - January 3rd, 2006 at 10:26 AM

i reckon a race interior style looks hotter than a luxury type, easier 2 clean, etc

twoguns - January 3rd, 2006 at 11:00 AM

who gives a fuk! you do what you want... its what its all about. not what some other dude is gonna think about you. why care? if its what you wnat then do it!

DIY-DUB - January 3rd, 2006 at 11:10 AM

thanks 2g's:kiss have u licked your elbow yet? lol

twoguns - January 3rd, 2006 at 11:12 AM

i got people who do that for me!!! :smirk:

RENNWAGEN - January 3rd, 2006 at 05:59 PM

What about seats with the speakers in the headrests Ive seen them with little wrap around wings dont know how they sound though.

DIY-DUB - January 3rd, 2006 at 08:56 PM

newsflash! the remmele motorsports project 2005 has the right mix! and it proves it can look the goods aswell:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Doug Sweetman - January 3rd, 2006 at 09:40 PM

ps, just dont park it outside.... thieves love it when people put all their hard earned audio gear on display.....

They dont even need to see it to steal it, I have family members with completely stealth installs who have had them pinched.

But hey, whatever floats your boat and good on ya for being different.

DIY-DUB - January 3rd, 2006 at 09:57 PM

any car of mine wont be left for scum of the earth to rape of its bits, and if anyone does they shall regret it soon after, and any car i own will never be a trailer queen or garage ornament either, built 2 be driven everyday! and hopefully it shal all be blended in nicely so its not as noticeable....

Mad Manx - January 4th, 2006 at 09:20 AM

kinda defeats the purpose of race stripping a car tho...... lose a little weight just to be doubled with heavy sub boxes etc????? Mate go the creative zen 20gb, I just bought one for $290 of egay ( price of half decent head unit) and from the stocko earphones I was just blown away by the audio quality.

I guess the final decesion will be yours and yours alone but if your going to go to the trouble of stripping the weight outa ya car you might as well stay true to the principles,.... or go the nice interior/stezza

DIY-DUB - January 4th, 2006 at 12:01 PM

you cant say that this dosent look nice tho....