Board Logo

NO SOUND?!?!?!?!?!
butidontunderstand - August 1st, 2006 at 08:53 PM

ok so today, i went over a very very very small bump and all my speakers stopped working. the head unit is still working, the stacker is still working but no sound
the wiring all seems to be sweet, the fuse isnt blown it seems like its all ok...
we even took the head unit apart, and it had a bit of corrosion near the back so we cleaned it a bit, put it all back together and back in the car but still nothing
any ideas? we ran out of reasons why it wouldnt be working...
thanks, karina

pod - August 1st, 2006 at 09:12 PM

has it been muted?

butidontunderstand - August 1st, 2006 at 09:14 PM

nope...

monique__d - August 1st, 2006 at 09:18 PM

no sound huh sis!
well i may not have good sound in my car but atleast i have sound!!
i hope u work it out before leaving for coffs tomorrow!!

Mon

bajachris88 - August 1st, 2006 at 09:21 PM

Have had this prob before, if not working by valla will play with it. Is it particularly only with radio or CD? or both? if u were to get another speaker, and pull the head unit out, plug it up, will it work? if nuffin comes out of that speaker connected directly up, think ther might be a prob wit ur head unit, IE: perhaps a broken wire on hte output...

U running an amp?

butidontunderstand - August 1st, 2006 at 09:29 PM

nah im not running an amp

MISS VDUB - August 1st, 2006 at 09:37 PM

Your head unit may just be stuffed, every so often a head unit dies... If all connections, fuses and settings are fine it'd most likely be within the unit itself.
Time to get it replaced!
-Staggers.

butidontunderstand - August 1st, 2006 at 09:38 PM

its only a little over a year old :cry :cry tommorows drive is going to be a lot less fun :cry :cry :cry

Tribalchief - August 1st, 2006 at 09:47 PM

Tried running it on one channel.

barls - August 1st, 2006 at 09:47 PM

it sounds like the pre amp in the head unit has died its easier to replace than fix

monique__d - August 1st, 2006 at 09:48 PM

hey sis y dont u ask dad????
ill get him to give u a ring k

h - August 1st, 2006 at 09:55 PM

oh karina (no) sounds like lots of no joy for your drive.. always room for the ipod mp3 gadget.. :smilegrin:

h - August 1st, 2006 at 09:59 PM

just another thing did you rewire the speakers to the rear wires or front to see if that makes a diff? :duh

butidontunderstand - August 1st, 2006 at 10:03 PM

ummm nah we didnt rewire stuff but checked it all...
and yes i think i will be maybe using of my ipod :)

lauzboy - August 4th, 2006 at 11:07 AM

seeing as uve checked ure connections, u next want to determine if its ure speakers or head deck thats gone

to test ure speakers get a standard battery (AA, C or D) and tap the speaker wires to the battery. if ure speakers are still going then ull hear a "Thud" everytime u touch the wires

if that fails then it probably means ure head deck is gone. i would have a guess that the power amplification circuit might have died with that hard knock