Board Logo

removing glue stuff
tan36 - December 22nd, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Hi all

I have just removed all the roof lining and most of the carpet and side panels from "zoe". There is a very yukky underlay on the back doors ( I think its for the sound stuff) but underthat there is a sticky glue that is so hard to get off.

Does anyone know if there is something that will remove it so I can get the panel ready for painting or is it just something I have to keep working on with time it will come right?

Getting to the back set removal this weekend.

thanks for you help

Tania

mscabrio - December 27th, 2006 at 06:46 PM

I have not long done this on my 74 bug and I had to sit in the car with a paint scraper and scrape it all off .......

57oval - December 27th, 2006 at 06:59 PM

have you tried paint thinners

killakornkobb - December 29th, 2006 at 12:03 AM

prepsol

hus22l - October 5th, 2012 at 05:16 PM

Petrol!! It's been working great for me.

waltermitty - October 5th, 2012 at 06:02 PM

turps works a treat and is cheaper and safer. Mitchell

RODZ - October 5th, 2012 at 06:12 PM

I have tried all off the above for the same issue and someone had glued insulation to the roof with liquid nails. i ended up using goo off in a yellow tin from bunnings expensive at $18 bucks a tin but saved so much effort and got everything off.

good luck!!

Heintje Kuchen - October 22nd, 2012 at 07:56 PM

White spirits is the trad stuff to use. a heat gun is also good but don't heat too much as spirits, prepsol or metho or turps or thinners could go up. let it soak a bit then wipe 'dry' then some little heats and it should come off pretty easy.

rebel - January 26th, 2014 at 06:59 PM

Yeah white spirits is the stuff to use ,its similar to turps without residue or smell
That's what they use on golf club grips

cam070 - January 26th, 2014 at 08:09 PM

I used a wide chisel to get mine off