Board Logo

jaycar stereo
Opaque - March 5th, 2007 at 10:51 PM

is the jaycar range of audio good?ive heard lots of good comments about it, and its so cheap, am contemplating doing my whole stereo with jaycar/response goodies. any thoughts?

VWCOOL - March 6th, 2007 at 08:43 AM

I put some sets of $40 door speakers in my old HSV and they were terrific. Some blokes I know and have spoken to that are more 'into it' than me reckon its very, very good gear

Doug Sweetman - March 6th, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Its the best value for money on the market (well it was 6 or seven years ago when I was 'into it' ). I have had their amps, subs (12" and 10" carbon fibre cones) and split system speakers and all have been bullet proof and sounded great. I have loaded one of their amps down to 1 ohm before (not reccomended in the manual) by bridging the amp into a pair of subs wired in parallel, and I ran it like this for nearly two years with no failures.

Good stuff

megalania - March 7th, 2007 at 06:06 PM

I've had them in my 2 bugs and my... um {cough} daihatsu charade and their stuff never skipped a beat.

frenzix - March 7th, 2007 at 06:21 PM

jaycar audio have always been a really good cheap option

PUNCH_BUG - March 7th, 2007 at 09:25 PM

The speakers for sure a mate had some in his mini, sounded great. Not sure about the amps.

PHAT BUG - April 7th, 2007 at 07:20 PM

Both amps and speakers are top notch, mates got 3 competition '12s and 3 800w amps in his (sorry to swear) falcon and its ridiculous!

vwrallycar - April 12th, 2007 at 09:03 PM

i have a lot of jaycar gear and its top notch, i recommend it to everyone

59BUG - May 8th, 2007 at 03:38 PM

I used 2 x 15 in response paper cone subs ( later i changed to 2 x 12in response carbon fibre subs) and a 2 x 150wrms amp for my sound system in my old car. It went just as loud as mates cars with similar "brand" name systems that cost significantly more. Only problem was keeping the alternators alive, even with a 13 plate bosch battery & cap i destoryed 2 stock 55a and 2 75a alternators in under a year :)

BTW: if you have your own "buisiness" you can get an account with jaycars supplier electus and get all the same parts that jaycar has but without their mark up. Thats how i got my system on a 1st year apprentices wage.

koolkarmakombi - May 8th, 2007 at 05:39 PM

what about head units?

I am after a cheap good one as my ebay sourced amirican boss piece of crap is worse than a piece of crap. cd dont work etc twice returned now no warranty.

low on cash at the mo, one wage + new baby and 2yo

vwrallycar - May 13th, 2007 at 08:07 PM

autobahn were selling pioneer headunits recently for just over $100

pete wood - May 14th, 2007 at 08:21 AM

i've got some 2 way 4" in the front and some 2 way 6x9s in the back and both were from Jaycar and I concur with VW rallycar. The jaycar stuff is very good bang for buck. Half the price of soni/explosion etc and just as good a sound.

vwkid - September 22nd, 2007 at 03:42 PM

jaycar is definately good value for money.

If you want a decent deck try having a look at
http://www.caraudioaustralia.com 

I picked up my deck from there, as new, for $320 when it was retailing at the time for $999.
Alot of guys on there who know their stuff, good place to ask questions.
neways.. if you need anymore help, i know a bit about car audio so dont hesitate to msg me,
cheers, Matt.