Board Logo

Curtains for T3
ash1965 - May 8th, 2008 at 09:47 PM

I'm trying to source some curtains for my '91 T3 Transporter as we do tend to sleep in the back while camping. Does anyone know a Sydney based company that will make something good, or am I looking at chasing up a local seemstress and trying to get something happening that way?

Any advice welcome

Ash

pod - May 8th, 2008 at 10:32 PM

look up the local seamstress:yes:

Transparu - May 9th, 2008 at 08:56 AM

I'm pretty sure there is a link on the Vanagon list/site somewhere which gives dimensions and instructions for what's needed. Might be worth a look.
Go to: http://www.oddstray.com/ 
Click on Vanagon Westfalia Information
Then click on "Curtain patterns for the Vanagon Westfalia"
(Strange that I can't get a url straight to the location.)

This would give you all the info you need to do it yourself . OR would save your local seamstress a lot of work. Remember that we are RHD whilst the info may have LHD implications.
All the best
Dave

PS Also on the Vanago Wiki:
http://vanagonwiki.net/index.php/Westfalia_Curtains_Sewing_Information 

Quote:
Originally posted by ash1965
I'm trying to source some curtains for my '91 T3 Transporter as we do tend to sleep in the back while camping. Does anyone know a Sydney based company that will make something good, or am I looking at chasing up a local seemstress and trying to get something happening that way?

Any advice welcome

Ash

type3kid - May 9th, 2008 at 09:23 AM

i think it depends what you're after.

personally i'd go and get them made to what i wanted and what suits the car the best, but that me.

noticed you're at Rouse Hill, good to hear. i'm a stone's throw at Box Hill.

ash1965 - May 9th, 2008 at 09:32 AM

All great advice. I'm thinking taking these plans to a pro and maybe making some changes sounds best. Awesome link Transparu. Thanks very much!

Type 3 kid, I might have seen you before. Do you ever frequent Kombi Rescue (aka Ratmuller) at Annangrove?

Ash

type3kid - May 9th, 2008 at 09:48 AM

i drive past his place heaps.

i've been a bit under the radar lately as was only driving a polo GTI, but back in a 76 golf now.
it's costa's one, so the orange stands out.