Board Logo

cleaning/restoring vinyl seats
azzatron - February 28th, 2011 at 06:45 PM

Hi all, just got my hands on a '65 notch with what looks to be original interior.
It's in pretty good condition with no real tears or rips. However the vinyl is pretty dirty.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips/suggestions of ways I can clean up and restore the red and white vinyl interior? Should I just stick with armour all, or is there something better out there?

Cheers

grumble - February 28th, 2011 at 06:52 PM

At the dealership we used to use Kitten vinyl cleaner,mixed in the right % it worked well,then wash with clean water & dry. Almost any of the vinyl cleaners on the market will work with a little elbow grease.

azzatron - March 1st, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Thanks mate.
Yeah, just thought I'd put up a post just in case there was some special technique or magic product out there that I don't know about.
Cheers

grumble - March 1st, 2011 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by azzatron
Thanks mate.
Yeah, just thought I'd put up a post just in case there was some special technique or magic product out there that I don't know about.
Cheers
Nope elbow grease it is although some products are better than others.That is why we used the Kitten.

jedt3 - April 20th, 2011 at 05:22 PM

Hi,

Is this product that you used Kitten Interior Cleaner, the foaming kind, or a different product?

Thanks,

Jed
1970 Fastback

Thinker - April 20th, 2011 at 05:59 PM

I've got a 70 model with original cream trim and I have used with good results water based degreaser (very small amount) then scrub with a nail brush, wipe off with a damp cloth and smuther with macquiurs trim detailer let it soak for as long as possible the wipe of excess. Comes up a treat .