Board Logo

Dash Ideas
SebastienPeek - April 1st, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Hey all!

I'm currently in the process of digging up some 1303 dash ideas.
I've got this one that I am seriously wanting more than anything at the moment, the only down side is it is a LHD dash.

http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/kaefer/detail.php?id=26 

If anyone knows anyone that has done something similar for a RHD 1303, hit me up!

Need to find something like this soon as well.

Seb

Bizarre - April 1st, 2012 at 12:39 PM

a lot of those dashers are fibreglass and hard
as such they wont pass engineering
Even the hard plastic covers wont pass

Stick with stock, get it recovered and play with the gauges

SebastienPeek - April 1st, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Yeah, that is fair enough!
I need to figure out where to attach a tacho that is all, thought this gave me more options, might just attach a light somewhere that has the tachometer RPM setup attached.

Food for thought I guess!

Joel - April 1st, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I've started making a plug for a fibreglass mould of a RHD version similar to that it's just on the back burner.

Like Bizarre said it would have to be padded after to be legal.

SebastienPeek - April 1st, 2012 at 01:04 PM

Yeah, I could get it padded, but keep me updated Joel, would love to have something similar to that.

I can get everything padded, Mum's cousin has just finished an automotive trimming course which is awesome to say the least!

beetleboyjeff - April 1st, 2012 at 02:00 PM

Seb, All I did was work out what I wanted, built it, then got the dash re-covered.

Here is the link to the thread http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=91433&page=1#pid850949 

Might give you a few ideas

waveman1500 - April 1st, 2012 at 05:54 PM

In SA you don't particularly need to pass rego inspection. I'm not saying that you shouldn't pad your dash anyway, but if you did happen to put a fibreglass one in, nobody would ever know. It's not an issue for me, as my bug's got the steel dash. No safety features there!

Joel - April 1st, 2012 at 07:50 PM

Will do Seb, I'll get back to it eventually.

Waveman, That's because yours is 72.

ADR 21 was in effect from 1st of Jan 73 that the dash had to be padded, thats why all bugs after that have the ugly dash pad.

You can remove it, the only time it would come up is if you took the car to be engineered for a mod.