Board Logo

CVD Our hidden Treasures ?????
OZ Towdster - April 3rd, 2009 at 05:19 PM

Hi all ,
As seen below we have plenty of GOOD second hand parts for most models .
So if your looking for that odd part more than likely we'll have one .

cram - April 3rd, 2009 at 05:26 PM

hey andrew -
This is wacky - I need to drop some gear off for Dan tomorrow (I hope he's arranged it with you!) and I was just looking at your website and saw you were only open mon-fri ...so was going to put a post up here to see if that was the case...and you beat me to it by 6 mins.....thats great service!

btw - do you align bore T1 cases?

OZ Towdster - April 3rd, 2009 at 06:23 PM

Sorry we don't do line boring , but i can arrange for it to be done for you and yes i know about Dans gear

555bug - April 3rd, 2009 at 07:41 PM

great news for those of us who are slaves Monday to Friday:)

11CAB - April 3rd, 2009 at 07:42 PM

Well thank those who are slaves Mon-Sat......

555bug - April 3rd, 2009 at 11:09 PM

thanx ;)

OZ Towdster - April 4th, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Amongst some of our hidden treasures here at custom are the following .
This Trip Speedo is in great condition and as rare as these are we would be looking for offers over $350.
Sorry i cannot read the date on the rear

OZ Towdster - April 4th, 2009 at 12:45 PM

We also have these 50/50 taillight lenses , a little faded and would suit a great rat 60/61 beetle

OZ Towdster - April 4th, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Plenty of other tresures hidden upstairs too .

Single port Weber manifolds
1200 & 1300 tinware by the drum full
Plenty of good straight rust free beetle doors from 62 - 76
3 off lowlight bay front bumpers ( 1off is even a deluxe with horizontil overiders )
A pair of primered and straight late type 3 guards ( Have had rust repaires to bottom and are fully welded patches )
Plenty of aftermarket seats
A set of type 3 Z bar armrests
15 odd late beetle deck lids some no vents some 2 vent some 4 vent , plenty of each to chose from .
Approx 3 complete baja kits ( Not all kits are a full matching set )

colonel mustard - April 4th, 2009 at 03:49 PM

oh how I wish I had money. :(

Anthiron - April 5th, 2009 at 07:47 AM

andrew, do you have a manifold that would suit a weber dcn14/holley bug spray????

im looking for one for my bugspray that has pre heat tubes or at least a brace to the case bolt for my single port engine. 3 peice style is ok, ive got single port end peices.

Nicko

OZ Towdster - April 5th, 2009 at 08:44 AM

Nick you have 3 to choose from .
I will post some more photo's soon

Anthiron - April 5th, 2009 at 07:34 PM

nice one!! cheers andrew, ill be in brissy on wednesday thursday. so i can drop in if its what im after.

Nicko

OZ Towdster - April 5th, 2009 at 07:41 PM

A bugspray has a similar bolt pattern to a dcn weber yes ??? and what size heads have you got 1300 or 1500 as the inlet holes are different dia

Anthiron - April 5th, 2009 at 08:10 PM

its the same bolt pattern as a dcn 14 weber (the later one with 4 bolts not the older 3 bolt weber)

heads, thats a good question, is there an easy way to check? did VW not make 1600cc sp heads?

OZ Towdster - April 5th, 2009 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthiron

heads, thats a good question, is there an easy way to check? did VW not make 1600cc sp heads?

Yes they did but i think they are the same inlet size as 1500 heads .
As for which ones you have , there is only one way sorry to say and that is to pull of your existing manifold and measure the holes although now i think about , mabey its only the inner part of the stepped inlet hole that is a different dia from 13 to 1500 heads which in that case my manifolds will definetly fit which ever head you have .
With your bugspray base being the same as a dcn i have definetly got at least 3 different manifold that will suit what you want and 1 is even a nice cromed one although it doe's need a good polish and they all have good heat riser tubes as i don't believe any of them have ever been fitted to an engine

Andrew

Anthiron - April 6th, 2009 at 08:05 AM

sounds great andrew, how much for the shiny one:smirk:??

Joel - April 6th, 2009 at 04:39 PM

ive got a few DCNF manifolds kicking around and also had a bugspray on a single port manifold as well but chucked it

the bugspay does have a smaller bolt pattern than DCNF but most DCNF manifolds have the holes slotted so u can squeeze a bugspray on

nick if ur worried about stabilising the carb/manifold without a preheat i made up a bracket for one of mine that bolted to the case cos the preheat had rotted off and it flopped around
let me know if u need pics and lengths etc

Anthiron - April 6th, 2009 at 06:23 PM

joel yeah ive seen the brackets, if you have dimensions that would be fantastic, (sorry, bit of a thread hijack)

colonel mustard - April 6th, 2009 at 07:52 PM

Go to CVD everybody, the staff are awesome. :) (espeically pete)

Anthiron - April 6th, 2009 at 09:16 PM

ive started another thread for this topic in tech talk, sorry andrew

colonel mustard - October 6th, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Andrew, do you have any single DCNF manifolds??

bajachris88 - October 6th, 2009 at 11:06 PM

any second hand sets of 4 stud wide 15inch rims for the baja Andrew?

1916baja - October 7th, 2009 at 06:20 AM

I don't think so man, I have been calling everywhere to find some including custom vee dub. I am looking into getting some made.

ang3lsholocaust - November 1st, 2009 at 11:51 PM

you've got a PM andrew:tu:

71-BEETLE-SEDAN - November 27th, 2009 at 05:25 PM

Hey, dunno if this is old thread or whatever but what aftermarket seats do you have, i am looking or a pair.

Cheers Josh