Board Logo

DSG warranty extension
Bizarre - May 14th, 2013 at 08:07 AM

In the Drive section of today's SMH there is a story on the recall of various DSG 7 speeds overseas. It references another Drive story on 23/04/2013 where Volkswagen Australia have extended the warranty on the 7 speed DSG to 5 years / 150,000 kms

Does anyone know the "official" release document number?

As this effects me I would like to have this in writing.

My Polo GTi has had the clutches replaced and has been fine since, but it would have been nice if VWA had sent out a circular saying this occurred.

Wonder how many claims they knock back because the owner missed a service (took it elsewhere ) as they had believed their warranty had expired

Bizarre - May 14th, 2013 at 09:22 PM

here is the SMH link

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/volkswagen-recall-extended-20130513-2jhon....

"Late last year, Volkswagen Australia extended the warranty on all its transmissions, including the DSG gearboxes. "

hus22l - May 15th, 2013 at 07:08 AM

Isnt it the case that the DSG has been a problem since its inception?

My 06 (first of the new shape) passat had a problem with the mechatronic unit in the DSG, dealer extended warranty didn't cover it. I argued and argued with the dealer and VW head office. Although they did contribute, i was still out of pocket nearly $2k!! It is great now.. Touch wood.

Check the watercooled forums here and overseas and be very careful with DSG!

MISS VDUB - May 15th, 2013 at 07:42 AM

Due to the issues with DSG and costs involved with repairs and servicing, this is why i avoivded getting one.

Bizarre - May 15th, 2013 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hus22l
Check the watercooled forums here and overseas and be very careful with DSG!

I find the water cooled forums very......... Ummm.... well....