Board Logo

Info on modern beetles 2000+ models
mundymx - September 21st, 2017 at 07:16 PM

Just wondering if anybody has had experiences with the modern beetles 2000+ year models? Any common faults or problems to look out for, what are they like as a daily driver? Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks

MR930 - September 21st, 2017 at 08:26 PM

We had a 2004 turbo beetle for a few years. Great car, only issue was the hoodlining fell down. We now have a golf, very similar car.

beetleboyjeff - September 22nd, 2017 at 01:30 AM

One of my daughters had a NB - only problem really was the electric windows started to go - the parts were available to fix them easy enough.

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - September 22nd, 2017 at 12:12 PM

Well parts are easy to source, people are always wrecking them on gumtree and eBay.
From what I have been told, the side mirrors are usually one of the first things to go on them.
Hope this helps.

splitbus - September 22nd, 2017 at 04:56 PM

I bought a 2000 beetle for my daughter, central locking played up, hoodlining falling down but that's most cars it seems, all plastic interior parts brittle, other than that was a great little run around and very easy to work on and find parts

mundymx - September 23rd, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for all the info, my partners sister is looking to get one for her first car.

zeppelin-vwwe - September 23rd, 2017 at 05:27 PM

I have a silver '01 turbo I am considering maybe selling

Will add 6 months rego on before I list it. So far none of the common issues like failing electrics or sagging hoodlning are happening in mine.

Ive been in a "should I sell/should I not sell?" argument in my head for a while now

bushed - March 30th, 2020 at 09:25 AM

Just brt a 2003 Cabrio, caus the wife (almost 70) said I never looked happier than when i test drove it topless!

done 242,000 with a dsg ABS cruise cntrl, seat heaters. been welllooked after, just a few issues with cabrio folddown mech...mainly broken strings (3-5)

But runs sweet and surprisingly smooth and lots of extras, grunt from the 2L efi (not turbo)...basically a Golf (less room under the tiny bonnet).

Just sharing that u-tube has some good vids to help you (and me) find answers. Ebay has some cheap parts...anyone parting one? need a gloveboxlid and drvr seat leather top of seat base in black) and afew items like the blinker lense of pass. side mirror.