Board Logo

my first water pumper.
BiX - April 7th, 2005 at 02:12 PM

Well here are a few pics of my first water pumper. Its a 78 model mk1, with the eurospec mk2 Gti motor. it also came with a full set of koni's and custom springs and also a full set of jamex struts, including 3 sets of springs to suit. At present it runs the front koni's and the rear jamex's and as i found out it will not understeer, even from 3okm in second on full lock under full throttle, it will under steer for a little then come around and in medium to open corners drift through in over steer. :thumb

BiX - April 7th, 2005 at 02:12 PM

a closer pic.

VolksFolks - April 7th, 2005 at 03:47 PM

Ha, they are little pumpers ay, they will not blow real easy, i used to race em in the UK many years back, i do have another i may get ready for circiut racing, will see, i bet the smile was MASSIVE ay Bix, onya mate enjoy..

Andy

BiX - April 7th, 2005 at 04:05 PM

well i did the first 4 runs of the day in my beetle and was doing very well, then lost the fuel pump and decided to run the golf (a mate was driving it as he wouldn't take his 2 week old evo8 on the dirt).

I had a huge smile and was laughing my head off as its unregistered and i have never driven a front wheel drive, ever so it was interesting!!!

Mk1GolfGTI2L-Loon - April 7th, 2005 at 07:41 PM

Nice work mate Golfs go hard.
Can wait to finish my 16v project.

ruckus - April 7th, 2005 at 07:45 PM

That's not a 205 in your dust is it? I don't believe it, mustn't be able to drive :thumb

GoLfMan - May 10th, 2005 at 10:40 PM

hey man, is that autocross?
my golf goes harder than my dads impreza stock so i know what you mean. my friends bag me for having golfs they want rice burners and dont kno the potential of the water pumpers :thumb
i wanna get into some racing. eg motokharners and autocross speed trials... what are the best events. im getting my level 2 speed CAMS licence when i get round to it and join VW car club Vic.

SteveMk2 - May 12th, 2005 at 12:23 AM

Go track days. Get in contact with mdt (matt Townsend) from VWVortex Australian regional forum. He goes to track days in Vic all the time. His VR is awesome.

GoLfMan - May 12th, 2005 at 05:02 PM

have you got some contact info for him?