Board Logo

Golf window regulator price aud vs usd
rob53 - January 4th, 2012 at 05:25 PM

Yesterday my mk4 golf driver's window made a funny noise and I pressed the button to lower the window and BANG the window fell down inside the door.

Ok it's a common fault so I check around for prices for a window regulator repair kit. In the US, about $60, checked with dealers in Australia, $200!!!

This is such a common problem for many vw's from 99 to 04, so thousand of cars will have this issue. Nice to see the Australian dealers 'taking care' of customers.

Atleast the replacement part is a improved design and should never have to be replaced. Vw does the right thing but the dealers take advantage of problem.

Never had a problem with the window regulator on my beetle apart from the trucky's tan! :lol:

waltermitty - January 4th, 2012 at 05:57 PM

Dont complain $200 is very good for a window regulator try $385 for a nissan or $315 for a holden Astra. Mitchell

Bizarre - January 4th, 2012 at 06:24 PM

I believe there are aftermarket ones available

Pretty sure I paid $200 installed

rob53 - January 5th, 2012 at 08:19 AM

Ironically the complete window regulator assembly excluding the motor and glass is literally only a few dollars more which makes it quite reasonable. Yeah I'll probably go the aftermarket route.

Phil74Camper - January 6th, 2012 at 06:59 AM

Give Matt at Camden GTI a call - he has them in stock.

http://www.camdengti.com/ 

Wakeling is the VW dealer in Campbelltown but really he's a Holden dealer who decided to make some money selling VWs as well.

Bug_racer - January 18th, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Euro revolution also keeps them in stock . New website will be launched shortly . Hoping to be the biggest online late model watercooled parts supplier in Australia