Board Logo

Hope they release it here
homer - May 28th, 2012 at 05:34 AM

http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/cars/news/8471527/162kw-vw-polo-wrc-street-con...

Phil74Camper - May 28th, 2012 at 09:46 AM

They may well. We have already had the Golf, Passat, Scirocco and Touareg R models imported to Australia. And the recently released Golf GTI Edition35 was first shown at Wothersee last year, as was the GTI Adidas the year or two before.

There has been a lot of speculation about a Polo 'R' model to tie in with the WRC. So far VW has played it down, but I think demand will be so great that they will have to build it.

I don't follow the WRC any more - is there still an Australian round of the WRC? If so we will see the WRC Polo competing next year.

vlad01 - May 28th, 2012 at 10:14 AM

ugly thing, though I like its healthy engine output. wonder what the 0-100 time is? only the old one is mentioned.

waveman1500 - May 28th, 2012 at 10:20 AM

OMG, a Polo with a 2 litre turbo GTI engine and a proper manual gearbox. I want one! So much better than the GTI or any of the R models. Possibly the only new car in the VW range that I would actually buy with my own money. I hope they bring it here soon. The question is though, how much would it cost? If I'm not mistaken, the Polo GTI is around the $30 grand mark, so this would probably end up at $35-40 grand? And therefore competing directly with the Golf GTI. No contest there for anyone looking for a quick car, the Polo will wipe the floor with the Golf.

Edit: Actually, having said that, I don't really need that extra 30kW. Just give me the Polo GTI with a proper 6-speed manual for the same price as the DSG and I'll be happy!

MISS VDUB - May 28th, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Yes please!

amazeer - June 8th, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by waveman1500
Just give me the Polo GTI with a proper 6-speed manual for the same price as the DSG and I'll be happy!

I'm also in that queue. A year ago I actually told off the Southern Classic salesman(salesboy) because its not available. Not that he could do anything, but I was frustrated. The only car they had in manual on the entire lot was a trendline golf or polo, cant remember which. And that was after the liverpool saleswoman told me that if I want a manual I should go amarok cos they only come in manual. Didnt end up getting anything.