Board Logo

Proposal - New Forum - Type IV Conversions.
Uber Kafer - February 18th, 2010 at 03:18 PM

whats the support for a new sub-forum in Tech Corner, just for VW Type IV conversions? Upright, Porsche fan style, etc.

Did you know that Australia's own SharpBuilt kit is very highly recommended on overseas Type IV forums?? We are obviously playing with the gear, so lets put it all in one place from now on.

Who agrees ??

How do we get it done?

h - February 18th, 2010 at 03:58 PM

I suppose a vote could take place then the mods could discuss it n if green for go it could happen
however the tech section suffices the area IMO
buy anywho there's a suggestion for you.. :)

Pauld - February 18th, 2010 at 06:02 PM

it would make it easier to find the info, otherwise make the type 4 convert thread a sticky in the tech section

bugzla - February 18th, 2010 at 08:10 PM

i would love to see people that have done the upright conversion and the dos and donts

Flintstones - February 18th, 2010 at 09:37 PM

Either a forum or sticky in the Tech area would be helpful for those that are or would be contemplating such a conversion
Cheers
D

colonel mustard - February 18th, 2010 at 09:39 PM

a sticky with heaps of links would be helpful too.... im sure there is alot of info out there, just like there is with subi conversions.... just getting it all together in 1 spot is difficult.

ancientbugger - February 19th, 2010 at 09:50 AM

:tu:

barls - February 19th, 2010 at 10:28 AM

i find this thread covers most of it
http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=28504 
other than that there has been a few builds in members ride by das, other (including myself)

Uber Kafer - February 27th, 2010 at 09:35 AM

Well, I hate to say it but this proposal thread is effectively buried isnt it? For the moderators to move it from Tech Talk and putting it in here means it is effectively taken 'offline'

While it was out in the main forum it got a lot of support, and very quickly. So the idea has support, and just as much importance as some of the other forums going by the stats.

Can someone advise if there is any chance of it being acted on?

Craig Torrens - February 27th, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I support it :tu:....im just about to do a conversion myself !

barls - February 27th, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uber Kafer
Well, I hate to say it but this proposal thread is effectively buried isnt it? For the moderators to move it from Tech Talk and putting it in here means it is effectively taken 'offline'

While it was out in the main forum it got a lot of support, and very quickly. So the idea has support, and just as much importance as some of the other forums going by the stats.

Can someone advise if there is any chance of it being acted on?

the question has been asked of the higher ups, just awaiting an answer.
as for being burried its now in the right place as its a question of a change to the forum not a tech question.

Uber Kafer - March 1st, 2010 at 08:55 AM

thanks for the support Craig,
My son and I are knee deep in a 2 litre conversion with a DTM kit, we are keen to tap into the expertise out there and put some real-life info back into the mix too.

This type of info needs to be held together in one spot.

thanks for the update Barls, and good to hear that the 'higher ups' are considering it.

dogo - March 1st, 2010 at 02:53 PM

I fully support type 4 conversions. They are the future, not only for superbugs, but type 3's as well! YES WE CAN...

57 oval - March 1st, 2010 at 06:06 PM

I would love to see a forum dedicated to type4 conversion. I myself am just in the middle of fitting one into my Oval, not hard but any little snippets of help would go a long way, save reinventing the wheel everytime.
RJ

BeetleJuice - March 1st, 2010 at 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Torrens
I support it :tu:....im just about to do a conversion myself !

Tell us more:!: T IV's are cool!:cool:

CP

matberry - March 1st, 2010 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Torrens
I support it :tu:....

Me too. I have a big efi'd one :)

fish26 - April 26th, 2011 at 12:24 PM

T4 definitely deserves its own section, i will try to have a step by step guide if this happens, together with templates for cooling tin and other bits and pieces.

69bug - November 6th, 2012 at 09:12 AM

I support it !

66deluxe - November 6th, 2012 at 09:29 AM

Me too.