Board Logo

Who can? Gearbox and hub rebuilds
AndyT - August 30th, 2016 at 06:22 PM

Can anyone recommend a company to recondition gearbox and reduction hubs? I've never driven the cb but the old owner drove regularly before parking up, I'm told it popped out of one gear. I've owned for about 8 years and starting to plan for valla. Lots of work ahead.
I'm in Adelaide but when tray can palletise and transport.
Thanks
Andy

Craig Torrens - August 30th, 2016 at 06:31 PM

I have a good friend (And one of the best vw gearbox builders in Aus) based in Melbourne that could do it. He is currently building my CB gearbox............I will ask for you if you want ?

vw54 - August 31st, 2016 at 07:35 AM

Andy

Talk to Dave Butler dangerous on here

He is on Gold Coast

AndyT - August 31st, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Thanks for the replies, Craig if you can let me know about the guy in Melbourne that would be great, any idea on cost on rebuild? I'm thinking many thousand but not sure how many. Will try Dave butler after.
Cheers

bevoracing - August 31st, 2016 at 01:49 PM

Hi
There are people in SA. I've PM'd you the phone number of a bloke who can set you straight.
Cheers
Tony

bevoracing - August 31st, 2016 at 06:07 PM

I've sent it again Andy.
Of course there's many reasons VWs pop out of gear, doesn't necessarily mean it needs an overhaul. Actually many CB gearboxes have done very few miles. Most CBs have spent a huge percentage of their lives parked up with a blown engine after very little, but very rough, actual service.
We'll see.