Board Logo

Max French's Convertible
grumble - August 25th, 2014 at 07:44 PM

I came across this pic on the local site and was wondering if it was still around,Max is but the bug was around here for a while and then disappeared.

1303Steve - August 25th, 2014 at 07:45 PM

is Max still kicking, he must be a ripe old age now

grumble - August 25th, 2014 at 08:39 PM

Steve, yes Max is still going he is driving tow trucks but I think he is slowing it down a bit. I am not sure how old he is but I am sure he is in his seventies he had his workshop established when i started my apprenticeship at Mid North Coast Motors( the local VW,Rover,Rambler,Land Rover,Fiat agents) in 1966,he taught us young blokes a lot and remains a good friend who is good for a chat when I see him occasionally.He was a hard charger in his younger days racing bikes,sidecars,rally cars etc.

OZ Towdster - August 26th, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Yep Max still has that car and his 61 Karmin Cabroliet too

Special Air Service - September 1st, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Havent seen either car for a while, he drove his 61 cabrio for my wedding. I thought the red car had been crashed actually, but I might be confusing that with the car that was used to build the red car.

He's actually lucky to be alive, a few years ago the tow cable on his tilt tow truck let go and the hook collected him in the face at speed and you can imagine the result.