Board Logo

i have a 64 beetle what body part
g2landyman - August 29th, 2017 at 06:13 PM

Hi i have just bought a 64 beetle to do up for wifey , im a fan of them too. Ok may question is what body parts will interchange as i have found a 71 body near by? If this type question has been asked a million times before sorry:cool: i also whant to put the type 3 automatic trans in also, wife wont change gears

barls - August 29th, 2017 at 06:57 PM

talk to nbturbo down in south australia about the gear box. he's the last one i saw to fit one.
as for the 71 to 64. it depends on if the 71 is a super or not if its not then most should fit, if it is then not many.

vw54 - August 29th, 2017 at 07:38 PM

Not much of the body parts will fit the 64

If its a super bug then almost nothing will fit except motor and box with some mods to it

does the doner car have spring front end and struts

where are you located will help with the trans swap

yasdnil01 - August 29th, 2017 at 08:48 PM

May be cheaper just to change your wifey...............:lol:

g2landyman - August 30th, 2017 at 09:38 AM

Oh the donor car is a75 super bug. I see there are lots of rust repair panels for mine available but i haven't seen roof panels, the beattle i got not sure how bad it is yet , pick up next month,but happy to do whats needed to get one going

bushed - September 4th, 2017 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vw54
Not much of the body parts will fit the 64

If its a super bug then almost nothing will fit except motor and box with some mods to it

does the doner car have spring front end and struts

where are you located will help with the trans swap

did ask about body parts (i guess not mechs) gutter cuts and doors could poss?? i can think of more and upgrades of taillites etc even from a super...running brds qtr panels and poss rear grds?? I have some of these and 12 volt gear to vert your 64!
enjoy!

g2landyman - September 9th, 2017 at 07:02 PM

Thanks for all that. I checked out nbturbo's post brilliant bloody brilliant just what I needed.
Hey Bushed sorry not shure your meaning are you saying I might be able to use bits of the super bug repair rusted out sections on my 64?

bushed - September 9th, 2017 at 08:34 PM

yes psitmar did on a 56 eg guttercuts

wombatventures - September 10th, 2017 at 05:49 AM

An S bug (73 on) would have less body cuts than an L bug (early super) read Joel's sticky.... Thats a beetle this is a superbug ... forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=97238.
Supers are a bit wider, the pan is different, guards are different, bonnet and boot completely different, and on the curved windscreen s bug I'd guess the turret would have a bit of variation in the curve, especially at the front. I'd check that for you but mine doesn't have a roof.
Pretty sure the doors are the same 68 on.