Board Logo

Another new Bug owner (with some questions)
TalkieToaster - August 12th, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Hi all - I'm a proud new 1971 Superbug owner!

I was lucky enough to pick my new machine up at Nambucca heads to coincide with the Valla Beach VW spectacular.

Photos of the event here: http://gallery.me.com/alexwilkins  (My bug is the orange one right at the bottom).

Now questions (might be better to put these in the tech forum): I have the dreaded stall while idling / flat spot that some VWs get that I think is due to a Distributor or Carburetor issue. I'd really like to get this checked out - can anyone recommend me a mechanic that knows their stuff? I live on the North shore - am happy to go a bit further to get quality service, but the only places I can find are at Kingswood or Kirrawee!

In any case I'm loving driving around (apart from stalling!) and have been teaching myself to double-clutch / heel toe (Ive been driving an auto for 8 years). Fun times.

Thanks for any and all welcomes / advice in advance!

TT. :cool:

Gibbo - August 12th, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Welcome aboard mate!

Im sure someone from your area will be able to help you out. We are a friendly bunch in here! :)

68AutoBug - August 13th, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Put Your location up so We know where you are..

North shore ?? where

what state??

that is a 1302s superbug

check out all the VW advertisers in the VWA magazine
there may be someone near You

I'd recommend NOT going to anyone
until You get a recommendation from someone on Here..

its better for you to learn how to fix a VWs little problems
than to go to a "normal" mechanic...

Welcome to the VW family..
I was at Nambucca Heads and Valla on Sat & Sunday..

Lee

PS: Any pics of your car?

vw54 - August 13th, 2008 at 06:29 AM

give Vintage a call there in Campsie just off the M5 9789-1777

just a trip down the harbour tunnel

TalkieToaster - August 13th, 2008 at 09:55 AM

Thanks all!

Sorry - in true Sydneysider style I assumed everyone knew where I was talking about! I live up near Hornsby in the north of Sydney.

Lee: Here are a couple of piccy's from the gallery I posted. Did you go to the market at all? My uncle had a big book stall running in the corner.

http://gallery.me.com/alexwilkins/100047/P1030708/web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/alexwilkins/100047/P1030711/web.jpg

vw 4 life - August 15th, 2008 at 07:28 PM

G-day!! Welcome aboard!! :lol: I know Hornsby...:!: And l know your car!! I live in Berowra Heights mate!! :post: I reckon l know a good mechanic... Every-one at Berowra Car Care knows about cars... Have never met a car they can't fix... Including my Bug. It used to stall too. :(

Good luck with your Dub. :smilegrin:

squizy - August 15th, 2008 at 07:44 PM

Nice little car you've got there. There's a few of us up your way. I'm at Normo and I get up to Berowra quite often, and Craig who's on here too is around Hornsby also.

TalkieToaster - August 18th, 2008 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vw 4 life
G-day!! Welcome aboard!! :lol: I know Hornsby...:!: And l know your car!! I live in Berowra Heights mate!! :post: I reckon l know a good mechanic... Every-one at Berowra Car Care knows about cars... Have never met a car they can't fix... Including my Bug. It used to stall too. :(

Good luck with your Dub. :smilegrin:

Ha! Yours is the Blue super with the white wheelarch? I guess I might take it up to John to have a look at then.

oh and P.s. Those new speedbumps are HELL on my suspension. Yuck.

kmesh - October 5th, 2008 at 07:54 PM

Car looks nice and tidy.

thugbug - October 5th, 2008 at 08:08 PM

So have you had your car fixed since august 12th? Cheers from another bug.