Board Logo

Lean to starboard
donn - October 31st, 2016 at 03:10 PM

While I haven't owned my bay very long I just noticed today that it has a bit of a list to starboard, ie, it is slightly lower on the drivers side than the passenger side ( about 20mm) is this common and what's the best fix ?

AA003 - October 31st, 2016 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by donnwhat's the best fix ?

Go to the gym and lose some weight;)

grumble - October 31st, 2016 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AA003
Quote:
Originally posted by donnwhat's the best fix ?

Go to the gym and lose some weight;)

keep going around roundabouts,particularly the ones in Taree.:no::no::no
Sorry Donn,sometimes the torsion bars do sag and can be adjusted to give the height that you want.

helbus - October 31st, 2016 at 08:55 PM

Could have broken torsion leaves on one side. I have seen this before. The only way to check is to take the swing arms off one side and draw the leaves out and inspect.

donn - October 31st, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Ha ha AA003 you may be closer to the truth than I'd like you to be.
I'm hoping that grumble is closer to the solution than helbus. Unfortunately I'm thinking that if it's simply sagged then surely both sides would sag equally, though it is the drivers side that has sagged and that also has the added weight of the cupboards ( it's a camper ), would that make a difference ?

AA003 - November 1st, 2016 at 05:01 AM

T3 Westies have this problem due to the weight of the cupboards.

bushed - July 28th, 2017 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by donn
While I haven't owned my bay very long I just noticed today that it has a bit of a list to starboard, ie, it is slightly lower on the drivers side than the passenger side ( about 20mm) is this common and what's the best fix ?

orig cbrds are chipbrd...heavy..I like gd plywood.

also you may wanna take the bus out of the water?? list...starboard...etc
lol

HappyDaze - July 29th, 2017 at 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by donn

Could be worse :-
http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a10370438/sideways-volkswagen-bus-spe...

AA003 - July 29th, 2017 at 06:56 PM

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/maxresdefault-97-1501172126.jpg