Board Logo

Value of a Bus
BuggyMatt - June 30th, 2018 at 07:02 PM

Hi guys, I know it is a commonly asked question, but I need to find a really rough figure for a Bus, have found a 78 Deluxe 8 seater sitting in a back yard locally, and knocked on the door, Owner is willing to part with it - and wants me to go take a look and come up with a value - obviously he has a price in mind but not letting on.................

It has been sitting for around 8 years, (unreg) it is an auto, and has a Celica motor conversion done to it at some stage (was previously a 2.0 litre) missing middle row of seats and fully loaded up with crap for other cars so hard to tell condition of interior

Body is not too bad, showing some rust in steps and windscreen surrounds. I imagine the motor conversion is going to be impossible to engineer easily? and want to go back top air cooled anyway!
Any thoughts?????

Also while I am at it - any hints / tips on what to look for with the bus? have never bought a Bus before - only ever had Beetles!
M@

Bizarre - June 30th, 2018 at 11:08 PM

Rust is the main factor

The fact it has a water motor devalues it to me.
Even more so if it isn't engineered

68BUS - July 3rd, 2018 at 12:47 PM

5-10k depending on rust.

BuggyMatt - July 11th, 2018 at 08:54 PM

Thanks for the replies, Water Engine certainly devalues it for me to! and hopefully off to check it out in a week or so - will let you know how I ghet on!

But hanging out to go the VW Swap this weekend in Melbourne to check out some buses!
M@

pogo - April 4th, 2019 at 03:26 PM

wouldn't even pay 3k for that

bushed - May 14th, 2020 at 09:44 AM

if ustate the location u r in gets u help from a dubber...more likely!

karmann141 - May 15th, 2020 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bushed
locaatiou r in for help from a dubber...

???????:crazy:

bushed - May 19th, 2020 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bushed
if ustate the location u r in gets u help from a dubber...more likely!

age means forgot to put on my glasses.lol