Board Logo

1969 and 1974 Kombi - seat question
Ollydog - September 2nd, 2008 at 08:29 PM

Evening,

Can anyone tell me if a 1969 (not a camper) Kombi takes middle and back seats? I am going to look at one tomorrow but don't want to drive the 2.5 hours to it if I can't put a middle seat in it. I asked the guy selling it if it's got the seatbelt bolt holes and he said there are some white plastic nob type things in the pillar between the two windows, level with the bottom of the windows, and on the opposite side near the door. He said that they have a phillips heads screw in them(the nob things). Also the windows in the back are all fixed (if this helps id what type of Kombi it is). I have a 1974 Kombi with a middle seat and will want to put the seat in the 1969 one if I get it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, the floor has been covered over with timber and carpet so I won't be able to look at it for the keyholes for the seat. Although the guy did say he once stubbed his toe on a small metal plate that had a funny hole in it. Could that be them?

OberonViking - September 4th, 2008 at 09:46 AM

Hope I am not too late, I am pretty sure that a Kombi will have the appropriate holes for seats and seatbelts. The name means Kombination, as in it is built to be either a bus with lots of seats or a utility vehicle with lots of storage (seats out).

greedy53 - September 23rd, 2008 at 07:48 PM

yep sure do

Calcool - October 2nd, 2008 at 07:32 PM

So did you buy it?

Put up some pics if you did or you didn't.

Cheers,

David

0434 58 22 64