Board Logo

Need Bosch generator
type3user - October 12th, 2017 at 10:00 AM

Hi dubbers,

I need a generator for 1969 T3.
Currently have two but both defunct.
Both are Bosch 14V.

Looking for replacement or other compatible generator.

Anyone selling or have any leads?

Thanx

bushed - December 19th, 2017 at 04:37 PM

is it genny or the regulator
I have some regs

sputnick60 - January 2nd, 2018 at 07:59 AM

Try Ebay, Genuine Bosch Made in Mexico. I got one and over all it was cheaper than Aussie suppliers can do it for. Certainly cheaper than rewinding one.
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313....

Nicholas

Bizarre - January 2nd, 2018 at 10:33 AM

Unless I knew what bearings were used in the new one I would be going rebuilt original German where I could speak to the auto electrician

I have seen way too many new ones fail in 12 months through poor quality bearings

mackaymanx - January 2nd, 2018 at 03:22 PM

Bearings are easy to replace and cheap.

viiking - January 13th, 2018 at 08:28 AM

x2

All you need is a reasonable gear puller. Bearings can be sourced from bearing suppliers (e.g. CBC) and will generally be made in China to original specifications. You just have to ask for the best quality.
We use these in lots of very expensive machinery at work and whilst not everything is great quality from China, the bearing supply companies cannot risk damage to their reputations if they supply inferior bearings.

For a generator, i don't think you will have any problems.

Bizarre - January 13th, 2018 at 10:27 AM

mmmm........ Things have improved then.

I have seen several results of bearing failure in the shiny alternators where the grease ran like hot wax.

As for Chinese bearings I am in mech services and have just had a shit fight with a major fan coil unit where there was a well known brand bearing failure.
When you went to look up said "well known brand bearing" model number there is no such model.
The FCU manufacturer used a knock off bearing where they just screen printed what ever they felt like on the bearing.
Who knows what it actually really is.

grumble - January 13th, 2018 at 06:57 PM

I may have a generator or 2 but they are untested. If you really need another generator I am prepared to pull one from one of the engines in storage, Just let me know .
Cheers Les