Board Logo

Air Conditioning
MeppW - August 23rd, 2018 at 02:30 PM

Ok , another question for the more learned Type 3 owners. Has any one had any luck sourcing an air con system for the later model Type 3 . Gilmore Enterprises in US do one for earlier models but won't fit later ones due to the reconfigured heater box. Using mine as a daily in Sydney and with summer around the corner I'm willing to invest a bit of coin if its possible to find a system that works well and doesn't look too ugly! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks, Will

pv370 - August 23rd, 2018 at 05:19 PM

original type3 aircon

pv370 - August 23rd, 2018 at 05:20 PM

Hey Will, hows the station wagon going ??????
send me through some pics if you have time....
Cheers Peter

MeppW - September 19th, 2018 at 05:11 PM

Hey Pete , Going well . Took a bit of time to get it up and on the road . Sure you know how these things go ! Started with ideas of a humble tidy up but things just escalate a bit! . Rebuilt the engine with Andrew Dodd, Did a closed door respray , luckily only rust was around windscreen and a 20cent piece size under the battery! Rest of the car was dry! Go Goulburn!
I re did the interior myself and have been using it as a daily since the beginning of the year . Few more things to do, looking at upgrading headlights and trying to find a way to get modern air con in as opposed to the traditional wind up version . I'll put some better pics up when I get around to taking some but it looks like this ,

pv370 - September 19th, 2018 at 08:23 PM

looking good !!!!!