Board Logo

Pop out wndow rubbers.
Matty v - December 5th, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Got my seat issue sorted now this, need to replace the rubber around the rear pop outs in my 70 fastie. any ideas...

Matty v - December 5th, 2011 at 01:01 PM

Badly perished

azzatron - December 5th, 2011 at 01:07 PM

I think ISP West may of had some at one stage. Not sure. There was some discussion about it on the Samba forums earlier this year. Could be worth a try

68AutoBug - December 5th, 2011 at 01:18 PM

YIKES

they were fairly rare in Australian fastbacks

maybe common in the USA or Europe???

when they were in a fastback being tested in a magazine

it was always mentioned about the glass pop outs that doesn't have hinges .. the glass bends....!!!

best of Luck

LEE

telf - December 5th, 2011 at 03:23 PM

I just got a set of rubbers for my square back pop outs from vintage. Not sure if he's got any for a fastie. Worth a try.

vlad01 - December 5th, 2011 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by azzatron
I think ISP West may of had some at one stage. Not sure. There was some discussion about it on the Samba forums earlier this year. Could be worth a try

ISP make pop out seals and are of excellent quality

ladd - December 5th, 2011 at 05:59 PM

Hey Matty v, you can get them on ebay also from ISP.

Thanks.

vw54 - December 5th, 2011 at 08:10 PM

Talk to VVDS 02-9789-1777 they will advise which is BESt

type3disease - December 5th, 2011 at 10:51 PM

fasty are quite different to square and notch in the way the rubber attaches directly to the frame of the car

I have a complete set of fasty popouts with good rubbers if you get stuck sing out, I'm away for a week or so,
make sure you keep the nuts on yours when you undo them from the frame...

cheers Ben

Matty v - December 6th, 2011 at 06:39 AM

Cheers guys, looks like there are a few good leads there hopefully not going to be as hard as i thought. Yeah the glass bends, freaky!!!!

Matty v - December 6th, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Cheers guys, rubbers on the way. Next thing is how do i go about replacing the rubber??????? any ideas.

1970 fasty - December 17th, 2011 at 08:18 AM

hi Matty, i have done both sides on my 1970 fasty recently, there are a few things to look out for before you start and the steel frame inside the rubber can be very rusted. you wont know this until you get the window and rubber assembly out. There are 4 x 7mm hex nuts that hold the steel window frame into the body and you will have to peel the rubber back from the inside of the car to find them. you wont get the windows out without removing these nuts. sneaky #@$%&'s. feel free to buzz me if you want, as you would definately benefit from my "experience" on this job. 0430204051 John.

Matty v - December 19th, 2011 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1970 fasty
hi Matty, i have done both sides on my 1970 fasty recently, there are a few things to look out for before you start and the steel frame inside the rubber can be very rusted. you wont know this until you get the window and rubber assembly out. There are 4 x 7mm hex nuts that hold the steel window frame into the body and you will have to peel the rubber back from the inside of the car to find them. you wont get the windows out without removing these nuts. sneaky #@$%&'s. feel free to buzz me if you want, as you would definately benefit from my "experience" on this job. 0430204051 John.

Cheers John you will hear from me soon, should be getting onto this this week.