Board Logo

Finally started ny KG restp project
norbert - December 14th, 2011 at 09:31 PM

Bought the Karmann Ghia end of last year from another member. Finallly and after collecting a number of parts I have started the restoration. Gathered a lot of information and received a lot of help from various members of Aussie which is greatly appreciated. Can only say that the elders and many people on this forum are the most helpful people on the planet and I would like to thank them all. So hereare some photos of what things look like at the moment. I will update over the next little while as things progress.
Good thing to decide to do a body off restoration. Found rust in sills, back quarters and back wheel panels that were hidden by bogg.

norbert - December 14th, 2011 at 09:52 PM

shot of pan and underneath.

norbert - December 14th, 2011 at 09:56 PM

more photos

ashbaxter - December 15th, 2011 at 08:11 AM

Good luck with it, I have all but finished mine.

I've got all sorts o bit and pieces left over that I will need to get rid of shortly, a door, some rust repair panels, glass + more. let me know if you are interested and I will put a bit of a list together.

Cheers
Ash

norbert - December 15th, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Thanks Ash. Have been watching some of your posts. Would be interested in what you have left.

Norbert

tothemaxx - December 16th, 2011 at 09:15 AM

It was great to have a lengthy chat with you the other day and I can't wait to see this project finish. From the conversation you are on the right track... Good luck.

Sides - December 16th, 2011 at 09:21 AM

Heh heh - 'tis the season to start KG resto's it seems... got my 60 mounted up to the rotisserie yesterday.

Definitely not a resto race to the finish or anything like that, but will be keenly watching your progress.... good luck with it Norbert !!!

:tu:

norbert - December 16th, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Yeah Pat, was nice chatting with you as well. Cant wait to see your KG when it arrives. Sounds like you really go yourself a nice one and a lowlight on top of it.

Dave, finally got the pictures up, better late than never I guess. How about a few photos of yours. Hope there were no surprises. looking forward to seeing your progress as well.

Being new to the resto game found that its a lot slower than I thought it would be more loke a snail race for me haha. Good luck with yours Dave.