Board Logo

For Sale: KO 402
ztnoo - May 23rd, 2015 at 08:17 PM

Very nice!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-CLASSIC-VW-AUSSIE-COUNTRY-BUGGY-/121658297216? 

BrisDubba - May 23rd, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Looks nice - I always like the Paprika Red models.

It looks to be sitting a little low in the front as if it doesn't have the original running gear and the wheel track looks narrower as if it is on a beetle pan - but could be just the angles photos taken at.. it certainly looks like a lot of work has gone into it.

Anyone know the buggy ?

Bizarre - May 24th, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BrisDubba
. it certainly looks like a lot of work has gone into it.

Agreed

Wonder if it is a runner though?

Looks like they have whacked a 1600 in for the photo shoot. No air cleaner and beetle tinware

grazza7755 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Looks like a 1200 40hp to me, going by the intake manifold.

ztnoo - May 24th, 2015 at 07:56 PM

In the "Item Specifics" it states it's a 1200.

Bizarre - May 24th, 2015 at 08:43 PM

Do CB's have special tin or a special rubber to seal the gap?

mat54 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BrisDubba
Looks nice - I always like the Paprika Red models.

It looks to be sitting a little low in the front as if it doesn't have the original running gear and the wheel track looks narrower as if it is on a beetle pan - but could be just the angles photos taken at.. it certainly looks like a lot of work has gone into it.

Anyone know the buggy ?

Why would the wheel track be narrower on a beetle pan
do the spindles push out the track?
Or is the beam different on a cb?
I was once told that a cb body doesnt just fit onto a beetle pan!
Is that correct or not?

cheers
steffen

ps very nice cb

11CAB - May 25th, 2015 at 10:16 AM

The CB spindles with the big brake drums increase the track width.

Country Buggy bodies will fit onto a beetle chassis

mat54 - May 25th, 2015 at 10:40 PM

cheers for the info
gonna drop my cb body on a beetle pan for a while till i restore the right one and return it back to stock
still need to find a few missing parts though first

bevoracing - May 26th, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Looks a bit narrow in the front to me. Wrong pedals may give it away. Definitely a 40 horse.
CBs have curved pieces in the rear corners so the rubber comes around to match the beetle tin, those are missing. Terrible shame to paint the thing with metal missing. As you all know if you run a VW engine without engine seals it overheats and screws the engine. Beetle style exhaust. Interesting brake fluid container.
The body is very good, this bloke knows what “straight” is, and that’s tough on flat panels. Lots of correct parts. Steering wheel, horn seats, blinker arm, lights, badges, correct style wiper motor, windscreen stoppers. Great canvas top.
It’s better than mine’s ever going to be. Well done to that bloke.
Is it worth 20K? How much, shrinking, beating, sanding, painting, upholstery and buying expensive parts do you think you could do for 20K? Probably is, but then all the work is part of the fun, isn’t it??
Good luck to him. :tu:

twincab76 - May 26th, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Beautiful resto - I love the Paprika too - looks fantastic when new.

Gary

aircooledjake - May 27th, 2015 at 03:00 PM

im interesting in knowing where you get those bumper rubbers from? anybody know what they are off

ztnoo - May 27th, 2015 at 11:00 PM

To my knowledge, the bumpers are CB specific, and not found on any other VW vehicles.

bevoracing - May 28th, 2015 at 01:06 PM

Jake
Not sure which ones you meant?
The bumper bracket seals are beetle:-
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-111-707-197-B4 

The windscreen hold down rubbers are discussed in this forum:-
http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=76303 

The bumper bars, as Steve rightly pointed out, are CB only. Worse than that, it you want to be absolutely correct, they are made from imperial sized tube, so you can’t get it any more. You would have to cut and shut some metric stuff, which would be a pain. :crazy:
Cheers
Tony

ArtyP - May 29th, 2015 at 05:25 PM

A great resto way better than I am doing and I am not trying to be picky, but what a pity the exhaust isn't right

ztnoo - July 10th, 2015 at 08:29 PM

It appears this beauty didn't catch a buyer on the first auction and has been relisted.
Now @ AU $11,300.00, but the reserve has not yet been met.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-CLASSIC-VW-AUSSIE-COUNTRY-BUGGY-/121699469256? 

Crash55 - September 10th, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Ok good to read the pointers here guys. I now own the Country Buggy. Still in SA. A few problems to sort before she is back on the road, including flywheel replacement, a few brake hoses and wheel Cylinder.

Will try to sort eng cooling tin and rubbers seals

Cheers

Chris