Board Logo

CB on eBay
ztnoo - August 28th, 2015 at 09:37 PM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Volkswagon-country-buggy-1966-/171906929556?ssPage...

ztnoo - August 29th, 2015 at 07:20 PM

I inquired privately of the seller about the KO.
He replied "KO No is 437 and mileage is 32538".

This CB isn't on The Register.

ztnoo - September 19th, 2015 at 07:12 AM

Interesting,
I had a bump from the seller via the eBay messaging system today about buying his CB. I had inquired about the KO # several weeks ago via that messaging system.
I don't think he realizes I'm in The States.
Seems like he'd have a much better chance hooking up with an Aussie buyer instead of me. I love CBs and I'd like nothing better than to have one, but getting one here from OZ is a major undertaking and investment and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
At his asking price as a classified ad on eBay, I think he's higher than any interested parties might have a desire to buy. I imagaine he's getting little interest or correspondence about the CB. I think he'd probably do better to have an auction and set a bottom dollar reserve at which he's willing to sell. At least he'd likely get some interaction and discussion going.
19,000.00 AUD = 13,658.80 USD.
That's a pretty heffy chuck of change, even though the exchange rates have become more favorable in our direction than what they were when the value of the Aussie dollar was soaring a few years back.
Add shipping and insurance to the US, and we're still talking some very serious money. I pass, thank you.

Anyone here know this CB or the seller???

Regards,
Steve