Board Logo

Hello and hoping
Cornwallvw1 - November 6th, 2015 at 09:26 AM

G'day to all the members on the CB section of this site.
My name is Tom and I have been a long term lover of CB's.
I have come to the end of a 10 year resto of a Kombi and I am in need of another project to keep me occupied in the garage and there is only one Volkswagen I would like to spend my time on.
Just wondering if anyone has a few too many (if there is such a thing) CB projects and would like to part with one??????
I have leads on a couple but I am becoming increasingly impatient on these leads coming true.

Please help me someone!!!

ztnoo - November 10th, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Tom,
Welcome to the CB Forum!
It's a lot more quiet around here since the passing of CB guru Bill Moore, but things do stir from time to time. You are not normally going to find many listings for CBs, but they are around and come up from time to time. Are you looking for a total restoration project or are you looking for a more finished vehicle?

Keep plugging away. Going to meets and talking with other VW enthusiats may scare something up. Keep an eye on eBay and Gumtree because they do appear those places intermittently. Watch Buying, Selling & Swapping Cars Forum here at the AVD site. You may want to post a WTB thread there to attempt to flush something out of the bush.
There's one listed For Sale there now, but have seen much thread activity lately about it: http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=108122 

Since they are were so rare to begin with, there just aren't many floating around. Many fell into disuse due to maintainence/repair issues and got parked in sheds, or even out in the open, and were largely forgotten. But as all of us know here at the Forum, there are still some out there and they come out of the woodwork from time to time.

Hang in there!
Good luck!!!

Regards,
Steve

ztnoo - November 11th, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Found a couple of more currently for sale:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mannum/cars-vans-utes/1969-volkswagen-country-...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mullumbimby/cars-vans-utes/country-buggy-1966-...

Cornwallvw1 - November 12th, 2015 at 06:23 PM

Thanks for the welcome,
I thought as much on them not coming up very often.
I have my ear to the ground on a couple so will see where they go and keep my fingers crossed.

Cornwallvw1 - November 12th, 2015 at 06:34 PM

I'll check out the Cam one that's for sale on here

Cornwallvw1 - November 12th, 2015 at 06:34 PM

need 5 posts to PM, this is 5

ztnoo - November 19th, 2015 at 06:07 PM

This one is being advertised this week at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gcdubclub/ 

"MUST SELL THIS WEEKREDUCED PRICE FROM $16000 to $12000 or best offer
Looking to sell my Country Buggy this is a rare Car one of only 600.I have owned this car for 13 years New Engine Rebuilt Trans New Tires & Wheels etc I have all the original parts if you need to return this car back to factory stock . Call me for more info Neil 0419237932 Registered to May 2016"

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/12239412_10204982000700825_521587049358303651_o.jpg

Cornwallvw1 - November 19th, 2015 at 06:26 PM

Thanks for the link.
Funny, I have just returned after looking at this............
I don't want to say too much, and I don't have experience with CBs although I have experience with restos after a 10 year splitty project.......I think he might struggle to sell at $12000 (I hope I'm wrong, he's a nice enough guy) and should be quite a bit more descriptive with condition.
Maybe a few more pics wouldn't go amiss if people are travelling long distances to see a vehicle.

ztnoo - November 19th, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I see sellers here in The States inadequately advertise things all the time....particularly vehicles with incomplete and the most basic infomation missing in the ad copy that a buyer would want to know, and somehow the seller automatically expects their item is going to be swept away in a matter of hours. Sellers often omit info like mileage, whether the vehicle has a title, if it runs, if there are other known problems or flaws, if its complete or missing parts, etc., etc.

I see this particularly on Craigslist (which is a free service used here in the US by hundreds of thousands of sellers offering everything under the sun imaginable), but I also see it in more polished and higher end places like eBay. Often these poor and incomplete desciptions are accompanied by the poorest and worse pictures imagainable......or often, too few pictures to adequate portray and represent the item for sale. Often these items langish for weeks on end and wind up not selling. Most of the fault can be directed at the seller for the way the item was presented poorly, the way they inadequately deal with inquiries in a timely fashion, and also their often unrealistic pricing.

Selling is hard work, and lots of sellers don't understand that reality.
I recently posted a Yamaha RD 125 (twin cylinder street bike from the mid 70's) on Craigslist in multiple locations, plus a couple of other related motocycle sites. I entertained numerous untallied emails, some phone calls, a few on site viewings, and tons of texts (which I specifically stated in the ad copy I would not reply to). Some potential buyers asked for more pictures, even though my ads were full of pics, 15 + in most cases. I gladly took more pics of what was inquired about and sent them off to the questioner. I found that about 98% of the text messages were from scammers cooking up some convoluted method of payment.

Finally after about six weeks, I got my buyer.......and he really was the right buyer because he really appreciated what I was selling, and he paid my asking price without the slightest protest.
Selling is hard work, period. The world simply isn't gong to beat a path to your door because you have something to sell.

Steve

Cornwallvw1 - November 20th, 2015 at 06:56 AM

What's possibly worse, the guy knew I was driving 6 hours return and putting myself up in a Motel, he had made no attempt to clean the car, it had cobwebs around the wheels and the real light bulb moment on how the car is treated was the water sat in the floor pan from a rainy day 2 day prior????
That's definitely not how to sell a car,

bevoracing - February 11th, 2016 at 08:31 AM

In case you need it to send you a notice of reply, here's one for sale.
It's probably about as good as an original one gets, everything there, just some work to do, about 3 times as much as it looks. :crazy:

http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=110546 

Cheers
Tony