Board Logo

WTD: Engine fan shroud without the heater air outlet
Craig Torrens - July 24th, 2007 at 10:05 PM

This is for my CB resto project, I need the fanshroud that was originally fitted to the motor from factory.

It is the same as an early shroud but without the air outlet ducts on either side, please see photo attached

If you have one you would like to sell please let me know :thumb

StenGuns - July 25th, 2007 at 06:30 AM

About $130.00 new

vw54 - July 25th, 2007 at 06:51 AM

Thats a 1200A first of the 40hp engines

Isnt that to early for a Country Buggy ???

Craig Torrens - July 25th, 2007 at 09:06 AM

that's what they used Dave.

vw54 - July 25th, 2007 at 10:11 AM

So what did they use for the rear exhausts and pushrod under tray ???

southspark - July 25th, 2007 at 10:23 AM

They were similar but not the same as industrial engines on thebottom tray,the oil pressure switch was vertical not horizontal on CB eng.
Paul

BUGBOY - July 25th, 2007 at 01:17 PM

Industrial motors and early stale air motors from a bus are the same.
As for engines they they had early 1200 and 1300 motors which are the same. But like said just before the oil sender is on the top of the case, they also had an F before the engine number.
The tinware on the under side was different has they had no heater.

BUGBOY - July 25th, 2007 at 01:21 PM

few shots

BUGBOY - July 25th, 2007 at 01:24 PM

As you can see its made up of 4 parts.
two bits of normal tinware that protect the push rod tubes.
A end cap which is CB only and flat bar that is mounted off the exhaust stud to the corner of the tinware.

Anyway back to the fan shroud. lol

auditwmba - July 26th, 2007 at 08:16 AM

Maybe Craig has one of the rarer CB that was factory-fitted with a 1200cc engine.

I'm pretty sure that Bill Moore has data to show that some were sold with 1200 engines (which was an option:crazy:!).

My 1300cc appears to be missing some tin ware as well though I wasn't aware that it was. This area is not covered in the spare parts manual.

regards

Rob

VWCOOL - July 26th, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by southspark
They were similar but not the same as industrial engines on thebottom tray,the oil pressure switch was vertical not horizontal on CB eng.
Paul

mine's horizontal! And yes, it's the original engine/number...

BUGBOY - July 26th, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VWCOOL
Quote:
Paul

Well thats just blown the oil sender position theroy for CB motors out the window.
Could you post a picture of your engine vwcool?
Thanks
Nathan

58camper - July 26th, 2007 at 09:03 PM

I know of an original CB with a side mount oil pressure sender unit but it is stamped F1253240.
This was an factory exchange motor fitted to the vehicle with no case stamping and was restamped with the F125 number from the original case. The exchange motor was fitted by the former VW Dealer from Orange NSW after the original motor had overheated, cooked and shit itself with less than 10000 miles covered.

countrybuggybill

VWCOOL - July 26th, 2007 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BUGBOY
Quote:
Originally posted by VWCOOL
Quote:
Paul

Well thats just blown the oil sender position theroy for CB motors out the window.
Could you post a picture of your engine vwcool?
Thanks
Nathan

yes, I was quite surprised when I discovered this and there is still the small chance I have made an error but the numbers appears 'correct' (not restamped) and is in the correct range for the CB's production. Sorry, no pics - the engine is 600km away, but I may be able to get pics in Sept

[ Edited on 26-7-2007 by VWCOOL ]

PHAT BUG - September 13th, 2007 at 08:28 AM

I've got a few of those shrouds, I will dig them out and get some pics.

Craig Torrens - September 13th, 2007 at 09:22 PM

Hi all, I managed to get a fan shroud.

Thankyou to all that sent u2u's and emails .

Cheers
Craigt