Board Logo

Floor Pans
Pault - August 23rd, 2007 at 06:34 PM

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if floor pans or 1/2 floor pans are available.

The buggy I bought has had rust cut out of the rear floor pans previously and patched up, but I would like to actually replace the floor pans and get a neater job.

Is there anything available, and if so, can you let me know where to get them from?

Regards
Paul

bjlookin - August 23rd, 2007 at 06:41 PM

Hi Paul,
I have been searching for good quality Floor Pans for a while also, there are cheap Brazilian ones around. But if you want good quality ones there are not too many places that carry these.

Brent

Pault - August 23rd, 2007 at 07:17 PM

Hi Brent,

When you say cheap Brazilian ones, what do you mean. Is it a thinner metal?

I guess if that's all that there is around, where would I get them from?

Regards

Paul

BUGBOY - August 23rd, 2007 at 07:51 PM

Not sure of the company but there are thicker better ones around.
Ring around a few shops.

Nathan

ztnoo - August 23rd, 2007 at 08:16 PM

Here's a reference to floor pans which might be helpful.
Several suppliers and sources are listed.
Since CB's were produced in such low numbers, almost all parts sources were common parts from other VW models.
Something here is bound to be applicable.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?submit=yes&keywords=Floor+p...

if the above link won't work for you, just go to Samba Classifieds and search using the term "floor pans".

[ Edited on August 23rd, 2007 by ztnoo ]

Pault - August 23rd, 2007 at 09:05 PM

One more question. I'm still learning about the country buggy's and was wondering is there any particular model or year of vw floor pan I should be looking for. Or are all the vw floor pans the same?

Paul

cb john - August 23rd, 2007 at 11:20 PM

I have just finished replacing the floor panels.They are the same in shape, the only difference is 3 point seat mounting on the late models. New floor panels a piece of crap, made out of 0.9 mm steel , I had to reinforce it,got rid of jack brackets.Even european suppliers buy the stock from Brasil...original floor panels are about 1.3 - 1.4 mm thick.

[ Edited on 24-8-2007 by cb john ]

ztnoo - August 24th, 2007 at 11:33 AM

cb john & others,

FYI............This vendor claims something more substantial.
See: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=470706 
"If you are looking for the best Floor Pan Halves available, look no further. These are the heaviest gauge replacement floor pan halves we have ever offered. They are approximately 33% thicker than our standard metal floor pans (1.2-1.3mm versus 0.9-1.0mm or 20 gauge versus 18 gauge). In addition, the extra spot welds on the included seat tracks add to the overall strength of these pan halves."

As always........caveat emptor.........
Regards from the USA

bushed - November 25th, 2007 at 09:05 PM

just browsing and like to know if the cb pans are like beetles? ie I have a restioed 58 pan in Qld ..will it fit cb?

Craig Torrens - November 25th, 2007 at 09:21 PM

it will fit..............but they are not the same.

bushed - November 25th, 2007 at 09:28 PM

thanx Craig have a shroud too i just only foundthis post.btw
interesting stuff.

Craig Torrens - November 25th, 2007 at 09:34 PM

cb pans don't have jacking points, don't have heater control tube or cables, different front brake hose mountings...........