Board Logo

VW Country Buggy Original Front End Beam Complete
ztnoo - November 3rd, 2010 at 10:38 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230546232837&ssPag...

bajachris88 - November 3rd, 2010 at 10:59 PM

woah man! :tu: legal 3 inch lift peoples!!!

wait... correct me if wrong but aren't the shock towers meant to have factory gusseting/strengthening?

update:
my bad... just did some research. stock bug beam, with type 2 arms and king pin assemblies...

bevoracing - November 4th, 2010 at 04:27 PM

Almost Chris. Standard type 1 beam, except for the little strengthening gussets where the bump stop arms meet the shock tower. Type 1 trailing arms. Special “type 2 like” king pin assemblies with type 1 link pins and bushes (no bearings like the later type 2). Bushed king pins like the pre 54 type 2 (pictured), but not the same. Steering arm is at the top like the pre 54, later type 2’s are at the bottom. The stub axles are the smaller (I think after 64) type 2 with the smaller bearing. The brakes are the last of the type 2 drums, 64 to 69 style. Type 3 steering box and pitman arm to take the larger tie rod end tapers that type 2 and 3 had. The king pin assembly is unique to Country Buggy. I saw a set a while back that had been modified to take roller type 2 link pins. Bit of work but it can be done.
Tony

ArtyP - November 4th, 2010 at 05:56 PM

Mine also has a steel bar approx 12mm dia accross the front like a sway bar shouldn't that be a part of it also I would have thought the 2 strengthing bars that bolt onto the bottom bar back to the main pan would also be a part of it , don't know what you call them but Bill will know .Arty

58camper - November 7th, 2010 at 07:28 AM

Arty,
Yes- I would agree those beam strengthening bars should be there for a complete unit. Maybe they were sold separately.
countrybuggybill