Membermossman
Commited Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 30

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 25th, 2014 at 07:23 AM
Weber or Stock Carbie - Beach Going Baja

Hi Guys,
I have just fitted a 40 BBL DCNF weber (non progressive) to my stock 1641 in my Baja.

I have just removed a pair of Kadrons as the car will live on the beach and I thought the Weber would be a good compromise for driveability on the soft sand and speed on the hard sand. However test driving on the road it has a massive flat spot and is very difficult to take off and drive down low.

The manifold has no preheat tubes and I am running a 009 Dizzy at standard VW timing. The idle jets are 50 and when tuning it seems that the idle mixture screws can be almost closed for it to run ok. I am running a 1 full turn open, but it idles ok at 1/2 turn open

I am wondering how much work it would be to get the set up working perfectly or if I should just go to a stock 34 Pict Carbie.

Any thoughts and experience would be great.
Cheers
Mark
MemberPAZZAN
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 113

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on November 25th, 2014 at 04:41 PM

check the pump jet size ,might help the flat spot, might need more fuel when hit the throttle
Memberlauzboy
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 42

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 30th, 2014 at 10:37 AM

the lack of preheat and use of 009 are probably the main culprits of the flat spot. I'd suggest address those first then look at jetting

john connelly's write up on The Samba relates to progressives but plenty of relevant stuff for any centremount carby. I've been through it all with my progressive...his advice is sound!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386388

Go To Top