MemberEmily H
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on December 16th, 2014 at 08:42 PM
Newbie - After Resto advice

Hiya All,

Some time ago I inherited a lovely 1962 Beetle from a family member. Over the course of a couple of years, I have taken the opportunity to dismantle it with a view to restoration. I have removed the engine, interior, windows, panels etc. and really am at the point where I need some advice as to next steps. I have already purchased some new panels and a new floorpan (for the battery side) as there is some minor rust where the battery used to sit.
I have recently had a change of circumstances and am eager to progress with the restoration.

I live in the Canberra region, and am wondering if any of u fellow veedubbers know who to get such advice from? Who does a good job in Canberra or NSW? Is there anything I need to look out for especially?

All tips greatly appreciated.

I am eager to do the engine and interior myself, but suspension, bodywork and paint are definitely beyond my skill level. Not looking for anything crazy, and not looking to mod it up. Just a nice tasteful original restoration in a standard colour of the time.

Thanks for reading my minor rant!!

Cheers,

Emily

Go To Top