Memberratbug
A.k.a.: Andrew Todd
Wolfsburg Wizard
aka toddy101

Threads: 30

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 23rd, 2015 at 09:15 PM
FB20 and FA20 Engine Conversion Running

I got the FB20 and FA20 Engine running the other day. (From the new model Impreza and WRX). These are the brand new series of engines replacing the long running EJ series of engines with a host of new features, including considerably less fuel consumption, and a little extra power. The engines are now timing chain, so a heavy duty metal cover is in place of the plastic timing belt cover. Dual AVCS on Intake and Exhaust cams, and direct injection. The FB20 average fuel consumption is claimed to be about 7L/100km (and thats in a AWD drivetrain).

The Canbus is totally different to the late model EJ Canbus, however version2 of the Canbus Emulator takes care of it all.

Checkout the video of it running at http://youtu.be/5gD5x7rw8vc

The Engine (2012 model, with just 50,000kms), wiring loom (after tidying it up), Canbus Emulator, ECU, dash cluster,key and steering column and anything else needed is now up for sale. Would like someone to put into their VW and post the result, so offering the whole package for a special intro price of $2300 to someone who can do this.
It *may* require a few mods getting it to fit into a beetle because of the quad cam covers. Kombi will be fine.
I can even assist in wiring (In Newcastle but prepared to travel).

Sharbuilt Beach buggy with Subaru 2L Turbo
Thunderanch Riot with Subaru 2L Turbo
Manxter with FA20turbo
Click here for wiring looms
Membermackaymanx
A.k.a.: Brent
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 97

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Brad'ed Off :td:

posted on July 24th, 2015 at 09:56 AM

Nice.

Quote of the week
"Do I wish to send them to you again, nope, no interest can't be bothered really, to much hassle for little or no return."

http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate2-18600.png
MemberPressY4Pie
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 0

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on August 7th, 2015 at 03:36 PM

I can not wait to see one of these get into a bug. maybe ill undertake after my ej22 conversion gets old. lol
Membernbturbo
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 89

Theme: UltimaBB Powder

posted on August 7th, 2015 at 05:07 PM

ratbug-I have sent you a PM-don't know if it got away from my computer.
Member_666_
Commited Dubber

Threads: 9

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Black

posted on January 24th, 2023 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ratbug
I got the FB20 and FA20 Engine running the other day. (From the new model Impreza and WRX). These are the brand new series of engines replacing the long running EJ series of engines with a host of new features, including considerably less fuel consumption, and a little extra power. The engines are now timing chain, so a heavy duty metal cover is in place of the plastic timing belt cover. Dual AVCS on Intake and Exhaust cams, and direct injection. The FB20 average fuel consumption is claimed to be about 7L/100km (and thats in a AWD drivetrain).

The Canbus is totally different to the late model EJ Canbus, however version2 of the Canbus Emulator takes care of it all.

Checkout the video of it running at http://youtu.be/5gD5x7rw8vc

The Engine (2012 model, with just 50,000kms), wiring loom (after tidying it up), Canbus Emulator, ECU, dash cluster,key and steering column and anything else needed is now up for sale. Would like someone to put into their VW and post the result, so offering the whole package for a special intro price of $2300 to someone who can do this.
It *may* require a few mods getting it to fit into a beetle because of the quad cam covers. Kombi will be fine.
I can even assist in wiring (In Newcastle but prepared to travel).

if this deal is still available ill gladly put it into my lowlight

V8 Baywindow - 32 Valve Quad Cam, Sheer Power !

Go To Top