Member59baja
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue
Mood: Sombre if not Moody

posted on October 11th, 2015 at 09:24 PM
Do I sell complete or break up 59 Baja

Well all good intientions sometimes must come to an end or a new direction sought. I had intended on returning my Baja back into a beetle but the addition of a '61 beetle into the collection has changed my direction a little. So I am stuck with a situation of restoring 2 cars, something my wife isn't too keen on. I had intended to go Baja but rego laws were not going to look too kindly too it and some engineering was required, I was looking at heritige rego as it wouldn't be driven a lot and to save a little on fees.
So I am now considering whether to sell it complete or break it up and sell the beetle and Baja kit seperately. So far I have pulled it off of the floorpan and put it back on, stripped some of the mouldy interior out removed the windows and doors and had a good look over the shell sussing out the rust. There is some good rust work required on this car and definitely not for the faint hearted, but it is a '59 and German built and a lot more complete than my '61. The only other option is to clean it up some more and throw it on Ebay and hope for the best. Any ideas from the guru's ??

Cheers

Rusty

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/crazyjose/Ades%20Phone%20724_zpsevfuxsyl.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/crazyjose/Ades%20Phone%20898_zpsiyqnnrvt.jpg
Memberadlbeetle66
A.k.a.: Denver
Custom Title Time!
Under the car.........again!

Threads: 98

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: ICH BIN VW NUSS

posted on October 13th, 2015 at 07:44 AM

Considering its all together, i think you would get more money as it is.
If its all broken up, you are left with parts that nobody wants, and it would probably take more time.
I could be interested in a new project depending on how bad the rust is, and what condition the engine is in etc.
Hope this helps ;)
Member59baja
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue
Mood: Sombre if not Moody

posted on October 13th, 2015 at 09:16 PM

Cheers mate, I am sort of loathe to break it up, and yes it would probably leave a few parts lying around that I would be stuck with, I pulled the engine for a 61 project going on that I got incomplete, but have a spare '58 gearbox and shafts to go with this. I can throw in a 1200 that needs a tidy up and came out of a '58 as a deal maker. But yeah there is some good work to be done on the shell, both heater trays, front bulkhead, the floor needs some work and the edges of the body need work.
MemberSmiley
A.k.a.: Daniel Stephens
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 110

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Synchro'd

posted on October 14th, 2015 at 07:13 PM

Sell it as it is, all complete. There isn't enough Bajas getting around anymore so hopefully someone will keep it all together

Smiley :)

If you said I was a Volkswagen man, you'd be right.

Go To Top