Author: Subject:  TMI Interiors
MemberMeppW
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 6

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 27th, 2016 at 02:35 PM
TMI Interiors

Quick question for the more experienced here. Just wondering about opinions on the quality and fit of TMI interiors for type 3 wagons . Are there differences between US and Aus models ? ( beside the side of the road they drive on ) Any other options out there that are comparable ,or better. Or is it better to go to a trimmer locally . Thanks so much for any feedback, Will
MemberLo-tech
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 13

Mood: Delusionally optimistic

posted on August 4th, 2016 at 01:23 AM

Got some TMI door + rear trim panels + headliner for my Fasty. Haven't fitted them permanently but overall impression is that the panels are a pretty good pass for OEM and seem good quality - except the rears aren't cut for ashtrays, so if you want the stock look, you've got some tracing and cutting to do. The headliner is Euro/US pattern, i.e. it's perforated with actual holes in the vinyl fabric instead of the Aussie-issue printed black-dot-on-white pattern, the holes themselves are slightly fewer and slightly bigger than stock VW and the vinyl itself is a different-textured grain than stock and seems to me a darker shade than the stock white. Haven't tried to fit it, either, so can't comment on fit. Hope that helps...
Super Administratorvw54
Super Administrator
Always Waiting 4 Friday

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 378

Mood: Oval resto ongoing

posted on August 4th, 2016 at 07:26 AM

I had TMI trims in my Type 3 for over 10 years panels and seats BEST quality never had a problem

MemberMeppW
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 6

posted on August 5th, 2016 at 03:58 PM

Thanks guys , Spoke to the guys at bug n bus and while they thought some of the TMI products varied a bit in terms of fit etc , they thought that overall for the money they were pretty good value and totally acceptable for retrim . Thanks for the responses guys , most appreciated, Will

Go To Top