[ Total Views: 1637 | Total Replies: 3 | Thread Id: 112511 ]
Author: Subject:  [FS - SA] !963 Manx style buggy
Membernbturbo
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 89

Theme: UltimaBB Powder

posted on June 2nd, 2017 at 04:05 PM
[FS - SA] !963 Manx style buggy

I finished a full resto last October on this beauty.The body had more holes than enough,had a poor repair above the RHR wheel(where I reckon a tyre had let go and smashed the fibreglass away) and needed a 60mm strip let in along the lower left side.For some reason that was how it came from the mould.I did a complete new pan with many mods to make life easier while using.Had the spare wheel well glassed up to make a small onboard esky complete with drain tap.Fitted a good air compressor under the dash on the LH side.Made a complete new windscreen and made it 100mm higher. Welded early seat bases to Superbug seats to get the built in head rests and covered in UV resistant material.The floor pan has been blasted and finished in a 2Pac Marine Finish,then everything filled with many cans of fish oil.I made all the roll bars from scratch and it all is bolted directly to the pan.The front beam has had full restoration with new 5x130 rotors(with new bearings and seals),new calipers and pads,new gas shocks,new king and link pin bushes.I stripped the steering box and fitted new bearings and seals.The trans is a Type 3 swing axle(long shafts) which drives like a new one.I removed the axle tubes,checked the carrier bearings,fitted new gaskets and boots,replaced 1 axle bearing.The rear brakes are a disc conversion useing ED Falcon stuff,but bought new undrilled rotors and drilled 5X130.All brake tubing and hoses are new,with a new Bus 22mm master cylinder fitted.The front Fuchs rims are 15x6inch and the rears are 17x7inch.The engine came from a late type 3 which I converted to upright using a repo 36hp fan housing with an alternator.I fitted dual Type 3 carbies and manifolds-but bought 2 full repair kits and did an overhaul job.When I first bought the engine-it was till in a driver car.I checked the oil pressure and it was 50psi when revved and idled at about 12 psi-so knew it was a good one.It had .005 crank end float.I decided to pull the heads off and give them a clean up.Pulled the barrels and fitted new standard rings and base gaskets.I ground the valves and took a light skim off the seats.Motor runs real sweet.I have fitted a late model 12 volt wiper motor to the 6 volt frame-works real well.The car has a complete new wiring system which I made from scratch.The roll bars have threaded nuts to take a kyak or board racks.There is an auxillary 12 volt plug on the dash as well as an air fitting for pumping tyres or beach tubes.I have fitted boat drain bungs in each side rear pan for ease of cleaning when needing to hose out.The body colour is a yellow pearl from a 2015 Yamaha motor cycle.I had it first sprayed in a brilliant white to highlite the yellow.I have fitted a towbar which pulls as far back as the torsion tube.Also fitted a 3 inch body lift kit.For any body with Manx dash issues-I had to borrow a dash to have a mould done-because my dash was beyond repair-so I can have a new dash made for anybody if needed.
I am looking for $25,000 and can be contacted on 0427790846.
Ask for Gary Creber from Whyalla in SA

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

Error

Error
Membernbturbo
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on June 2nd, 2017 at 04:06 PM

The exhaust is a new buggy kit made from stainless steel.

Error

Error

Error
Membernbturbo
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on June 2nd, 2017 at 04:11 PM

some more-I have also done whitewalls on it.As the pic shows,I have built some strong sump guards made from 6mm ally checker plate.There are 2 LED dome lights I fitted to the centre roll bar with a switch on the dash-whole area well lit up at night.Fitted 2 LED spots on the front nudge bar and welded a bracket to take a tall sand flag if needed.

Error

Error

Error
Membernbturbo
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on June 2nd, 2017 at 04:19 PM

another.The headlights are new stainless items and I fitted small LED's to the base fitting for park lights.The headlight switch and beam change switch are on the RH side of the dash.I have since changed the front blinkers to normal globe type-the LED's weren't bright enough.

Error

Error

Error

Go To Top