Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 2167 | Total Replies: 0 | Thread Id: 112593 ]
Author: Subject:  Beetle or Beach Buggy?
MemberDavid Rayner
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on June 28th, 2017 at 06:07 PM
Beetle or Beach Buggy?

Hello, I'm David, 56 years old, living in the Hunter region of NSW. I've always thought beetles and beach buggies were cool but I've never owned one until just the other week, when a friend said I could have his '68 or '69 beetle at a very good price so I took it. It was a project he's come to realize he'll never get to and doesn't want to see it rust away to nothing.

Now, to keep it as a beetle or make it into a beach buggy? I know very little about VWs per se, other than the basics that any car enthusiest would know. I can restore a body as I was once a spray painter, as is my brother who owns a panel beating shop. That said, I'd rather just buy a 'glass body and bolt it on so that makes me lean towards a buggy but I still like beetles. Does anyone make a 'glass beetle body? I also like hot rods and you can buy 'glass bodies for Fords from 1923 to '40 in roadster, coupe, Vicky, Tudor, etc. It occurs to me that if VWs have such a cult following, surely someone would be making 'glass bodies.

There are a thousand more questions I could ask but that'll do it for now. Thanks.

Go To Top