[ Total Views: 588 | Total Replies: 1 | Thread Id: 114022 ]
Author: Subject:  WTB 68' Beetle Parts - Sydney
Memberviiking
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 58

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on October 23rd, 2021 at 11:57 AM
WTB 68' Beetle Parts - Sydney

Now that we are out of lockdown (again) I'm ready to restart getting parts for my restoration.

I'm looking for the following original parts. This is my wish list! If you don't ask, you cannot receive.

1. A pair of 67 and earlier armrests. These have a metal (not plastic) chrome strip in the midriff. Black would be ideal, but I will repaint them anyway with vinyl paint so long as they are in good condition.

2. A pair of 68 window winders. These are the metal ones with chrome bodies and a central plastic black inlay. Later ones were all black and made of plastic. I am looking for something that doesn't have rust pimples on the chrome, if possible.

3. A working bellows thermostat. I know I can buy new from the US but would like to source locally if possible.

4. The hood release conduit (9mm OD pipe I've been told) that goes from the dash to the hood lock. This takes the hood release cable. I seem to have lost mine during the disassembly process.

5. The hood release cable that has the black "squash ball" and spring used on the '68 model. Even if I can just get the ball and spring, I can probably source a cable from another year model.

I am in North West Sydney. Please PM me if you can assist.
Memberbushed
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 66

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 2nd, 2021 at 10:51 AM

pm your ph nr and I will see what i have as am downsizing, cheers B,

want any vw bits old but like me, Made in Germany!!!

Go To Top