Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 9410 | Total Replies: 5 | Thread Id: 15972 ]
Author: Subject: Hi there fellow Offroad V-Dub heads!!!
MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 332

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Manx Buggy Building

rsvdclap.gif posted on November 20th, 2003 at 01:41 PM
Hi there fellow Offroad V-Dub heads!!!

This section is for answering all those question which we need to ask. I have gotten sick of typing lots of emails so though I would post the answers here and only have to type once.

Please feel free to post any question you like about Offroad V- Dubs, I am sure someone will know the answer.

Most of the info you see here is extracted from past and future editions of Manx Mania the magazine of the Manx Dune Buggy Club ( Manx Club Website )

You can order past editions by contacting the club. the articles contain more info and pictures.

Feedback on any of them would be great as it will allow us to write better articles and in turn make following them easier.

BUGGY ON !!!!

Brad
Why copy when you can own an original ?
Meyers Manx Australia
Member11CAB
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
If ya got it....Baja it

Threads: 321

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Beach'n

posted on November 20th, 2003 at 05:02 PM

:thumb
How much are back issues of Manx Mania from the states?

65 Meyers Manx
68 Country Buggy (KO 367)
68 Country Buggy (KO 669)
68 Country Buggy (KO 789)
68 Country Buggy (KO 815)
68 Baja Bug
76 Baja Kombi Twincab
MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 332

Mood: Manx Buggy Building

posted on November 20th, 2003 at 07:17 PM
mmm

Dunno probably about $5 ea give or take. What ever it cost for me to photocopy them :P Now I have to pay for that crap :( A month ago they were $1 :D

Brad
Why copy when you can own an original ?
Meyers Manx Australia
Member_bugger_19_
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 3

posted on November 25th, 2005 at 10:05 PM

Hey guys i have a 69 bug which i want to turn into a baja do u know the best place to look of baja kits and mod parts?? or know of any for sale??
Memberblueeagle
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

posted on February 28th, 2006 at 02:18 PM

Hi there,
I've heard a few different opinions on how much tyre pressure to run on sand. Does it depend on tyre width etc or is there a set number which works for most aplications?
Memberhelterskelter400
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 62

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey

posted on February 28th, 2006 at 03:44 PM

tyre pressures are an endless question. depends on tyre size (tread & profile), rim size and terrain.

i have smooth tread 31x10.5r15 but they seem to be higher provile than many i've seen. these are mounted on excessivly wide 10" rims. i only ever pump them up to around 12-13lb so thats what is in them round town. then in the dirt i let them down to 6-7lb for anything but sandy tracks. when sandy tracks i goto 5lb then.. if deep sand/ flour like beach sand/ no runup beach exits 3 or 2lb is the go. the tyre is that secure on the rim at 3lb you can do those wonderfull full lock 2nd gear snakies on the firmer sand near the water. sure it wobbles a bit in transition but otherwise is cool.

we did an excersize once had to bury the buggy on a beach to bog it at 3lb so we let em down to 2lb and it drove out... so we buried it again and let it down to 1lb and it drove out. so we buried it again and took the valves out (and screwed the caps back on) and drove it out at atmospheric pressure. tyre didnt move on the rim. bead intact. at 1 or 0lb, the tread of the tyre riples and acts likes 3 paddles. as only had a $6.95 supacheep compresser we only dared run it long enough to put 2lb baqck in each rear.

for front 15lb on road and say 7-8lb off road. this is with 205/60x15 on 4.5" rims

:thumb
Memberblueeagle
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

posted on February 28th, 2006 at 08:05 PM

Thanks for that. It certainly blows away some of the myths I've been told. Could have been handy info last week.
Cheers.
MemberTheMiniMan
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 162

Mood: swings

posted on July 21st, 2008 at 04:01 PM

I used to run my rear tyres at 8lbs on the beach, it went anywhere & everywhere,,, alltho alloy V8 power in the back of a kombi ute on the beach is always a pleasure :-)

Go To Top