MemberDannyboy
Veteran Volks Folk
half man , half horse

Threads: 357

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: about 2" off the floor

biggrin.gif posted on February 8th, 2004 at 08:57 PM
Mods to a 1300!

I wish to give my 6v 1300 67 bug a makeover engine wise . Nothing flash or hugely expensive as i'm saving for a big motor and trans. I was just going to clean it up , bit of paint and a tidy up etc and a few engine mods. i was thinking of small duel carbs and an extractor with A1 style muffler. What do you think? . I don't want a cheap system that will rub against the rear clip or burn holes in the paint! What other samll mods could i do to give it a little more go bearing in mind it's 6v ! Thanks for any help

Danny
Super Administratorvw54
Super Administrator
Always Waiting 4 Friday

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 378

Mood: Oval resto ongoing

posted on February 9th, 2004 at 07:35 PM

If you fit a decend exhaust ... you can always use it on he new engine.. it will fit. Also you could fit a new 009 dissy for a little more performance to this engine

A little more costly but able to be transfered would be a set of Ratio rockers. eitehr 1.2 or 1.3 would be good.

Even a full flow oil filter and pump set up could be used.

Talk to Boris he can advise you.

MemberDannyboy
Veteran Volks Folk
half man , half horse

Threads: 357

Mood: about 2" off the floor

posted on February 9th, 2004 at 08:30 PM

Must have read my mind , i was thinking about the exhaust tonight and thought the same. I'm planning a 1915 which no doudt you guys will have a hand in sorting for me. Am i able to run a decent bore exhaust on the 1300 and the 1915. I was planning some small duels if i could pick them up cheap enough but maybe best stick that money towards a good header system if it will fit both and the dizzy , some jetting and a decent air filter . As i will need a fair bit for gearbox , clutch mods and also decent brakes i have to watch what i spend. Just wanted to clean the engine bay up abit and abit closer to what it should look like . I'll contact Boris and get some advise , thanks.

Danny

Go To Top