Author: Subject: Fraser at christmas
MemberMUD BASHING ANYONE ??
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 23

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Need to be inspired !!

buggy.gif posted on November 26th, 2004 at 09:25 PM
Fraser at christmas

Hi all a mate and i are going up to fraser on boxing day and are loking for more people to come along we had so much fun last year but it would be better with more bajas and buggys to show 4wds how its done. We will be camping on the beach but there are some units for rent up there we will be staying for at least a week, General costs are the bardge around $65 return,beach permit camping permit last time i think $30 so get all your camping gear out and come along it will be awsome but remmeber it is a sand island so beach driving skills are needed and a car that has good ground clearence and reliable if you want anymore info please ring me tim 0422048474

You only need two tools
Wd40 if it don't move and it should
Duct tape if it move's and it shouldn't
Memberbigbaja
Wolfsburg Wizard

Mood: sick of waiting

posted on December 9th, 2004 at 12:05 PM

might be there for a day or 2 we,ll see

[size=4]Terry - Custom Off RoadComponents[/size]
28 Hayward Street, Stafford QLD 4053
Ph: (07) 3356 4356 - Fax: (07) 3356 6765
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on December 9th, 2004 at 07:29 PM

Cool come one come all but i would rather all

You only need two tools
MemberCal67
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 9

Mood: Cruizin

posted on December 10th, 2004 at 12:25 AM

Hi Tim,
Myself and another four 4x4 will be camping at Sandy Beach if you can make it that far!!!! We will be meeting at 6:30am at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Boxing Day. I have also put this in our club calender so for any club members with club rego'd Bajs's and buggy's they can also cruise. We will be on UHF Ch 22 most likely. Speak to you next week.
Cheers
Greig

http://users.qld.chariot.net.au/~michelleross/clubsymbol.gif <-- Click here to check out our new club site!
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on December 10th, 2004 at 09:25 PM

Cool but what is this crap about if you can make it i mean come on i did it all at easter with a 1600 with no worries so this time with a 2lt it will be a piece of piss well for me and the rest of the 2wd guys/gals but these peple with front diffs ah i dont know and dave 6:30 ha ha ha now thats funny and we also will have ch 22 on both cb and uhf and i didnt know that riv let anyone surf the net during work time as your post time is 11:25am

You only need two tools
MemberBoozer
Custom Title Time!
Demented But Determined

No Avatar

Threads: 129

Mood: What the crap?

posted on December 12th, 2004 at 12:53 AM

I did Fraser with a 1500sp and road tyres in my then stock height baja.

THe MC Bat Commander's motto: "Never do now, what you could do for 24 hours straight, all night, the night before."
Member11CAB
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
If ya got it....Baja it

Threads: 321

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Beach'n

posted on December 13th, 2004 at 05:59 PM

Yeah but Boozer I've seen lots of pics of you getting towed and pushed on that trip.......:thumb

65 Meyers Manx
68 Country Buggy (KO 367)
68 Country Buggy (KO 669)
68 Country Buggy (KO 789)
68 Country Buggy (KO 815)
68 Baja Bug
76 Baja Kombi Twincab
MemberCal67
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 9

Mood: Cruizin

posted on December 13th, 2004 at 06:25 PM

Hi Guys,
Only stirring you up Tim!! You would be suprised what I can do at work but that last post was actually done at 11:25 at night! It will be good to see the Volkies up there again.
Cheers

http://users.qld.chariot.net.au/~michelleross/clubsymbol.gif <-- Click here to check out our new club site!
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on December 14th, 2004 at 08:00 PM

Yeah i now you were i was just being a knob and i know well i think i know what you guys in those blue shirts do S.F.A all day but im only jelous and graham i have seen the video and not haveing a go at anyone but them guys were letting the side down ah well ill have to go hard this year ah well harder than last year and remind the 4wds what vws are good for hopefully some more people come and give me a hand cause if dave and i go around a 4wd stuck they must think nah that was just a flook but if 10 go around them it gets the msg across much better

[Edited on 15-12-2004 by MUD BASHING ANYONE ??]

[Edited on 15-12-2004 by MUD BASHING ANYONE ??]

You only need two tools
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on January 2nd, 2005 at 09:50 PM

Hi all were all back know we had 4 vws come along me, dave, terry,and andrew 3 bajas and a towd it all started off on boxing day about 4:30am and me and dave meet some of my mates from work and one of them was really annoying as he had a video camera and every time any vw looked like stuffing up he was there with it but i got him back any way it turned out to be a day of bad things first my cb stopped working so we fixed that and about 15mins up the road my accelator cable came unhooked so we fixed that and about 1 hour up the road my mate said somthing about he could not see so he was stopping so i stopped and when i did my oil light came on so i shut it down and dave said that oil was pissing out of my motor it turned out to be the sump plug so after a qwick look for some possible sump plugs i could not find anything and then my mate pulled up and said thanks for rust profing the front of his pajero and he dinnt have anything so out with the tow rope and dave towed me to the nerest super cheap and we bought the nearest thing to it and jamed it in filled it up with oil and of we go agian and we got out onto the beach and at noosa and about half way up the beach dave said he had a bad smell of fuel and was pulling over to see what it was and just as he said that it caught fire and it was really on fire as i could not see his spare tire and the back so we locked it up i jumped out got my fire extingusher as dave didnt have one and took half my finger off getting the pin out in a rush and put it out and dave started rewiring and then the guy with the video camera showed up but we got it going agian and off we went but buy this time we both had enough of our cars trying to piss us off so onto fraser and to our camp site just past ocean lake and set up just in time for the rain and in the morning more troble mine had a flat battery and daves didnt want to go cause of sitting out in the rain and having all the power wires and leeds burned but after about a can of water disspersant it went and then he tow started me and off we went for the day with out any more dramers that afternoon andrew came up, The next day was fun we gave a 4wd some shit his mate was taking photos of him trying to get up a wash out step and then when us three when out were he coulnt he tryied a biger one to try and show us up and he failed once agian and we all got up that same spot so he gave up and his mate started photoing us which was cool but old mate with the 4wd looked really pissed off so we left to do some tracks and with a one way track found we let loose i wont tell you want speed we got but it was fast and going through two posts side ways at the speed off light was a bit scary but we all made it that arvo was cool it was time to get that guy with the video carmera back as he didnt like vws and thought they were slow so i made him come for a ride for the better part off our trip he was hanging onto the jesus bar and swearing and he didnt have one bad thing to say about vws after that and backed me up that night when most were taking the piss in the morning we went of to try out a new track that was not on the map and we came down a hill only to find a hilux at the bottem and there was a big step hill just behind him we went down to say hi and he seemed a nice fella but said that we will have no chance a getting to the top of that hill i have twin diff locks and i burned my winch out trying to get over it so dave had a soft go and found that he had doug some big holes so dave smothed them out and it was my turn and the hulux man got the video camera out and started filming and i had a few atemps all making it past his and then he stoped filming and had a chew and by this stage i had the shits up so with one of my spirted atemps i made it with alot of sand spraying the hulux man almost dropped his sanga and then the towd came straght up and then dave and then after about 5 goes the hulux trying not to be out done buy 3 2wds that night terrry and ronnie arived and we planed to got to the top tommorow so up in the morning and of we go and about half way there the towd and my car thought they would get to know each other better which ended up with me and andrew spinning out of control down the beach at about 80km which resulted in both me and andrew getting out to change underware and inspected the damage and dont let anyone tell you the fibreglass is not strong as my door got mangeled and even pushed the door post in about 3/4 inch not that i care i just matchs the other side now so after some wheel alingment we were both under way and the day after was a day of relaxing and andrew had to go home to see his wife but the next day we found the place i had been looking for a mini stockten on fraser so we played in there for a while and got some good photos the next day we left when the tide was right and made it to rainbow buy 6pm to find that the servo was closed so of we go with 10 psi in the tires to gimpie slowly and got the all pumed up and we left for home with only one more drama in store for my bug and it came in the shape of a policeman on a motorcycle and a speeding fine even though i was following dave and he was setting the pace he got me for 118 in a 100 zone he was a reall assmuncher and haseled me about every thing even though i told him that my speedo cable had been ripped out on fraser and i was follwing everyone else and people had been overtaking me all night and as i only had one piont there goes my lisence grrr i hate cops anyway ill get the photos done and to somone that nows what they are doing with a computer and on here see you all

You only need two tools
MemberBoozer
Custom Title Time!
Demented But Determined

No Avatar

Threads: 129

Mood: What the crap?

posted on January 2nd, 2005 at 10:38 PM

Holy Crap! that's the longest sentence i've ever seen! sounds like you had fun though.

THe MC Bat Commander's motto: "Never do now, what you could do for 24 hours straight, all night, the night before."
MemberDubCrazy
A.k.a.: steff
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 145

Mood: painting anything in front of me

posted on January 2nd, 2005 at 10:49 PM

shit my eyes are sore after reading that one.... bloody entertaining tho... good on ya's!!!!!!!!!!!!

steff...............

Life with out a v-dub is no life at all!!!!!
Memberhelterskelter400
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 62

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey

posted on January 2nd, 2005 at 10:55 PM

cool

:thumb
Member64vwmark
A.k.a.: Mark Shepherd
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 82

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Black

buggy.gif posted on January 3rd, 2005 at 05:06 AM

Sounds like fun! Good to see someone showing up the 4wd's.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/64vwmark/vw.gif

Beach Buggy
74 L Beetle
Mk4 Golf
Memberancientbugger
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 191

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow

posted on January 3rd, 2005 at 07:34 AM

Can you imagine what it would be like with a fuel injected, computerised everything 4WD trying to do all of those fix-its BEFORE you got to the beach! You have to love VWs. Great report-love it,shame about the copper though, some people just don't understand.
MemberAndy42
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 47

Mood: 2.5t Subi Powered

posted on January 3rd, 2005 at 08:18 AM

All I can say is BLOODY HELL I wish my buggy was finished :P

MemberBaja Wes
Bishop of Volkswagenism
V6 Baja Pioneer

Threads: 94

Mood: Content

posted on January 3rd, 2005 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ancientbugger
Can you imagine what it would be like with a fuel injected, computerised everything 4WD trying to do all of those fix-its BEFORE you got to the beach!

The difference is that with a computerised everything car you don't have all those problems to begin with.

Wes - www.offroadvw.net - 200HP Quad Cam V6 in a VW Baja - with climate control... :)
www.taylorcycles.com.au - My DH MTB racing brothers shop.
MemberBeaker
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 6

Mood: Swingin' baby!

posted on January 3rd, 2005 at 07:40 PM

Sure you don't Wes. :D
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk
Nartispuddlejumper, Bureau of Toxicity

Threads: 160

Mood: Wornout and Toxic

posted on January 3rd, 2005 at 08:15 PM

Hey Tim

You guys had your normal fun again.
Glad to see you made it back ok

Marc

If you can't laugh at yourself you can't laugh at anyone else! Because life is to short not to LAUGH
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on January 3rd, 2005 at 08:23 PM

Yeah my fingers still hurt and the funny thing is if i was still in school and a teacher asked me to right somthing to do with school i would still be here thinking and all these problems were human stuff ups or part faliure my sump plug would have been me not doing it up properly, daves jet perpeled baja was a glass fuel fillter that fell apart so it could have happen to anyone but aleast we can get a vw to go agian lets face it a power wire and a earth lead and a join in the fuel line and of we go again but this week there was some vw hating person looking down on us but with dave beeing a machanic andrew a master of making anything work and fit everything and me being a expert ruff bugger we all made it back so who is going to the beach run this weekend i want to but i need to get some work done so i dont have a repet

You only need two tools
MemberChewy
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 75

Mood: Buggered

posted on January 4th, 2005 at 10:24 AM

MUD BASHING ANYONE ??, have a look at your keyboard. find the key that says shift, 2 keys to the right of that is one that makes a little dot (.)
Imagine that you are talking as you are writing, whenever you feel you would take a breath, or pause in a sentence, put one of those suckers in!
PLease!

Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on January 4th, 2005 at 07:48 PM

I know what it does and what im ment to do but i can be bothered just so i keeps other people happy but i will try starting now. :thumb

You only need two tools
Member11CAB
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
If ya got it....Baja it

Threads: 321

Mood: Beach'n

posted on January 7th, 2005 at 10:51 AM

So who is going back up the beach this weekend?

65 Meyers Manx
68 Country Buggy (KO 367)
68 Country Buggy (KO 669)
68 Country Buggy (KO 789)
68 Country Buggy (KO 815)
68 Baja Bug
76 Baja Kombi Twincab

Go To Top