Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 6100 | Total Replies: 34 | Thread Id: 34477 ]
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Help! Transport company has destroyed my Deluxe 1967 vw v8 powered kombi
MemberWA Volksrodder
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 4

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Tired and Angry

posted on December 25th, 2005 at 04:13 AM

For the record, I own and operate a towing company and under the very detailed insurance that I have for ANY and EVERY vehicle I and my company carry, there is NO age limit on the car.. If there were, I certinaly would not be picking up the oldest beetle in the country, nor would I be carrying some of the countries best 1920's and 1930's hot rods...!!!
That age thing is B/S and is probably their way of trying to piss you off quietly without making a claim on their insurance...
I hope you've shafted these idiots good and proper and look forward to hearing an update on the topic...
Membertassupervee
A.k.a.: Knob Jockey
Custom Title Time!
That really hurts doesnt it!

Threads: 25

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue
Mood: Moody!

posted on December 25th, 2005 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by General_Failure
My 74 camper got shifted from QLD to melb In a shipping container with all our stuff. They must have treated the container rough. There was (and still is) some pretty nasty damage to the van. It wasn't a looker anyway, but I'm still upset nonetheless.

Yer, containers are not exactly handled gently iffen you know what I mean!
Well before I moved to Tasmania, I dragged containers off the wharves up there for many years and I would NEVER load a vehicle into a container unless the freakin thing was really securely CHAINED down at its 4 corners.
Tough break for you tho M8.
L8tr
E

Im not a complete idiot, quite a few parts are missing....
MemberHertz
Custom Title Time!
www.melburgluft.com

Threads: 84

Mood: Too lazy to give it a thought actually.

posted on February 15th, 2008 at 08:13 PM

Head down to their office with a baseball bat and act all nutty. Dont threaten to use it directly, just give the impression that your a raving loony and are prepared to hurt some people to get your shit sorted. I did this once when I wasn't happy with a can of corn I bought from Coles. It was quite effective and the mamanger was very quick in giving me back my 88cents. I just held the bat casually by my side and started twitching and shit. I kept saying that if they didnt refund my money that I would have to sort stuff out with the bat. I didnt actually say I was gonna hit her, cause I wouldnt hit a chick in a wheelchair anyways, I havent done for years, but once they see your serious, they should be more than willing to help. Good luck, and remember the two basics, baseball bat and twitching.

Click the Beetle
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/aussiebug/537043350_melburgluft2.gif
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on February 16th, 2008 at 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tassupervee
Quote:
Originally posted by General_Failure
My 74 camper got shifted from QLD to melb In a shipping container with all our stuff. They must have treated the container rough. There was (and still is) some pretty nasty damage to the van. It wasn't a looker anyway, but I'm still upset nonetheless.

Yer, containers are not exactly handled gently iffen you know what I mean!
Well before I moved to Tasmania, I dragged containers off the wharves up there for many years and I would NEVER load a vehicle into a container unless the freakin thing was really securely CHAINED down at its 4 corners.
Tough break for you tho M8.
L8tr
E

i totally agree..
i work on the wharf and drive at times 90t machines that move the boxes around the matchboxes.. this is the time that cargo will likely to be damaged enroutre, so the box maybe moved 8-30 times before you see it thats for sure..
we move thousands of them a year and they all look the same to me..
they get hoisted from sometimes 30m up to being driven around at about 25km/h from anything upto about 1km rounding bends etc then rammed to the ground or truck and the 'stuff' inside is nearly always rolling around thats for sure..
before you go and say you should be more careful oh pls
the box is still intact and thats all the company gives a shit about not the cargo so for productivity etc and the lack of cargo being properly secured - well shit happens..
just make sure that your cargo is lashed down to the hilt inside a box as we dont have x-ray vision to see any rides being moved around..
plus always insure your stuff as boxes sometime fall off the ship into the river or sea or a 60t tynes fork sometimes go thru the sides of a box.. that can be a given too..
it a good piece of shipping advice..

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
Memberfrenzix
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

Threads: 195

posted on February 16th, 2008 at 06:14 AM