[ Total Views: 1237 | Total Replies: 3 | Thread Id: 60673 ]
Author: Subject:  Trouble Ejecting Passengers
MemberVanders
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 28

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey

posted on February 21st, 2007 at 07:56 PM
Trouble Ejecting Passengers

In her hurry to get out of the T3 Caravelle today (maybe to get away from me) my wife reefed on the door handle while the door was locked and something went in the door. Now the door can't be opened from the inside.

Partly pulled away the panel card and poked a makeup mirror (not mine - I swear) behind it to see the end of the rod with the hook, but nothing is obvious to attach it to.

I recently had central locking added to the doors and things are pretty tight in there. Not much room to poke a finger or two.

Too dark now to see anything. What do I do from here? Cheers.

1972 Type 3 Kit Car - "Marauder"

http://www.paulsweb.info/marauder
Memberwoz_mnskmobi
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 0

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on February 22nd, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Take the door panel off and have a look. You'll probably have to take it off to fix it anyway.
Super ModeratorBizarre
Super Moderator
The artist formerly known as blue74l

Rank Avatar

Threads: 730

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on February 22nd, 2007 at 12:24 PM

You are talking passenger door not slider ??

Can only be the thin rod that goes to the lock mechanism.
Only part connected to the inside handle.

Hopefully it has disconnected at the inside handle location and not pulled something at the lock mechanism

Sadly - i have just given 2 doors away, otherwise i cold have taken a pic for you

Futue te ipsum!!!
MemberVanders
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 28

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey

posted on February 22nd, 2007 at 03:46 PM

Fixed! The key here was "I recently had central locking added to the doors and things are pretty tight in there".

When they fitted the actuators (is that right) they did not leave enough space for the door rod to move freely in. This put pressure on the rod and caused it to bend and then come away from its locator on the door mechanism.

After several hours and taking the door trim panel off completely it should now be okay. It didn't help than my wife uses 10 kilotons of force on anything mechanical and then wonders why they break, but really the guys who fitted the central locking should have done a better job than this. I get really annoyed when I have to clean up after other peoples mistakes like this.

The rod was really difficult to get into place too. I had to fashio a hook out of fencing wire (how many uses does fencing wire have!) and pull forward the lever in the lock mechanism with the hook and then squeeze the rod behind and around to get it in place.

Happy little Caraveller now. Thanks for the posts.

1972 Type 3 Kit Car - "Marauder"

http://www.paulsweb.info/marauder

Go To Top