Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 7808 | Total Replies: 55 | Thread Id: 61948 ]
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject:  Iguana Heading South !!!
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on August 5th, 2008 at 11:42 PM

cool ruckus..
beware of flying pacifyers..
avd da place to be.. :fakesniff:

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
MemberX-I-TED
Commited Dubber

Threads: 5

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: good

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ancientbugger
Has anyone contacted Hellequin since his post? It would be interesting to read any reply to the comments made so far.

Please feel free to contact me at any time ....

majordom@monaco.net

.............IT DOESNT WORK

:blush::lol::blush::lol::blush:

top work hellequin....... almost pissed myself
building a buggy may be futile in comparison to posting your contact but... :lol:
can somone get something right

are the thousands n thousands of splits really rare???
MemberMikeM
Custom Title Time!
Buggy Head

Threads: 71

Mood: :duh

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LIFE IN THE LOW LANE
I thought it was trailered down?

Was driven.

MemberJVLRacing
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 30

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 08:47 PM

very interesting topic:cool:
MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 332

Mood: Manx Buggy Building

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 09:17 PM

Was driven twice actually, to Sydney both time. That was if you didn;t count the trip to the beach at which stage the owner "Hellequin " requested it was driven through the surf to get good pictures.... and since we already know I suck and can't think for myself I was only to happy to do as I was told.

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/Iguana001Finished/DSC_1199.jpg

Now who was asking about warranty ???

Brad
Why copy when you can own an original ?
Meyers Manx Australia
MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 09:20 PM

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/Iguana001Finished/DSC_1183.jpg

Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
Memberrocknrob
A.k.a.: Rob
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 90

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Black
Mood: mystic

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 09:36 PM

prototypes...they are ideas put into physical form....geez how many prototypes do GM or Ford or NASA produce before they get it right? and Brad stop saying you suck...you're turning me on!!!!
Membersquizy
A.k.a.: Paul
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
Thinking about another dub...maybe

Threads: 243

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 10:34 PM

So with Hellequins logic I can blame Ferdi Porsche for everything that I've ever done to a VW? Cool.

Nice work Brad. You deserve every credit for driving this through to completion and getting this first prototype out. I'm looking forward to seeing a slammed one with some Fuch's.
MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by squizy
I'm looking forward to seeing a slammed one with some Fuch's.

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/IguanaBuggy/iguana_slammed.jpg

Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 11:11 PM

what tha..
that's the way to wash it squeaky clean
I'd order one if the wash enhanced the corrosion warrantee offered :)
crazy notion that marketing ploy :crazy:

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
Super Administratorhelbus
A.k.a.: Pete S
Super Administrator
Mad fabricator, paint and body

Rank Avatar

Threads: 312

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: In the thinking chair

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 11:20 PM

SS Commodore or Iguana?????? Give me a break, there would be no choice for me.

Memberancientbugger
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 191

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow

posted on August 7th, 2008 at 04:04 PM

Again it would be interesting to hear Hellequinns' reply. I know on here we'd definitely be biased towards Brad and all his hardwork that he put in, but a reply at least to bolster his side of the argument would maybe balance things up a bit or completely destroy his credibility. Why say something then disappear without defending yourself.
MemberHellequin
Learner Dubber

Threads: 0

posted on August 10th, 2008 at 01:24 PM

Sorry, People… I was away. Besides which this forum is not exactly on my list of daily watches.

A number of you gentlemen have raised some points that it would seem require an input from my side. So - I’ll try and keep the language simple, the tone neutral and the content as factual as is possible.

- There are – naturally – two sides to every story, and in fairness to Brad I recognise that he did in fact try and satisfy my needs from the start. The issue is not the energy involved but the degree of professionalism with which the project was subsequently undertaken. I believe – obviously it would seem incorrectly? – if one orders something from someone who sets themselves up as being an “expert” in the subject, one should be entitled to certain expectations. So, “Yes” – whilst in “context” these were ultimately more-or-less satisfied – in the “content” of their detail, this is not the case.

- My “complaint” is not that he didn’t “try” – merely that he didn’t “follow-through” – (for whatever undoubtedly, for him, justifiable reasons) - disappearing off the radar as soon as the vehicle was delivered and the real troubles started to make themselves manifest.

- And, by-the-by – for the record – “I” drove the vehicle personally down to Sydney and back. It didn’t go by trailor.

- What should be added – also for the record – is that as a result of my inexpert knowledge of this vehicle (as in 2wd off-road formats) – being far more used to driving 4WD in the Middle Eastern deserts – caused me to actually partially burn out the clutch whilst on the beach north of Newcastle. Duh! And – again – credit where credit is due, Brad provided an excellent lesson in how it “should be done”.

- As for “character assasination” – if I personally hadn’t liked the guy and found his original sincerity absolutely charming, I would never have gone through with this order. Once again, it’s the way it was handled and it’s sequels that caused issues for me.

- I have already written above what I intended to write – and have done so right within Brad’s own Forum – KNOWING full well that he has a support structure here of admirers and friends: NOT because I had an intent to do specific harm but, as with any client who has no way of contacting their supplier and feeling they have a number of specific issues to resolve, letting it be known that all was not hunky-dory - at all. AND because this Forum is the place – it would seem - to do it. So no regrets and no retractions. Merely the tired and bored remains of a once frustrated disappointment.

- For me the incident is closed. I achieved what I intended: namely to have a vehicle that would (a) either form the basis for an original method of transport for my TV series or (b) provide the “start point” for talking with various investors potentially interested in manufacturing a similar-styled, but ORIGINAL, general purpose, low cost (US$25 > 30 k) efficient and reliable vehicle that will “work” and be supported by standard guarantees and a genuine sales / distribution network. The TV series providing the perfect medium for showing it off.

- Within the above context it looks highly likely that a certain international 4wd manufacturer - interested in sponsoring the programme - may very well after all take the concept, throw some real dosh at it through their design department and finish up producing a real car that you may all see on the roads within the foreseeable future and even find available in Oz, fully RTA-compliant and registrable all around the country.

- And – finally – “yes” my Monaco email DOES work. AND I also posted it on purpose – in case anyone was so intellectually challenged as to think I might have dome so erroneously. (As in “by mistake”..?)

- I don’t see myself having any future need for returning to this forum as there is no further point. So I wish you well and am glad if my posts have offered either insights, amusements or opportunities to exercise a sense of ridicule for all concerned J

“Buggy Out!”
Membernewghia
A.k.a.: Noddy
Wolfsburg Wizard
stock is for people who cant think outside the square

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Charcoal
Mood: nood !

posted on August 10th, 2008 at 06:40 PM

Hellequin,
read both your posts with interest.........if you dont return to this forum, maybe you will miss out on potential sales,
How will we know?
Good luck with it anyway,
Noddy.

Step up to get out !!!
MemberBaja Wes
Bishop of Volkswagenism
V6 Baja Pioneer

Threads: 94

Mood: Content

posted on August 10th, 2008 at 07:05 PM

An international 4WD manufacturer producing a modern cheap bare basics 2WD offroad vehicle?.... ok..... but making it fully compliant, and therefore having sufficient safety parts on it to satisify modern crash test and safety requirements, while still maintaining the light cheap 2WD offroad vehicle? Unlikely I would imagine.

Ford partly tried it with their offroad styled RTV ute with has the on-demand locker rear diff and raised suspension. It wasn't really aimed at offroading, it was more for tradies that didn't want to get bogged on the worksite.

Anyway, it appears there may be other motives involved in the original post. But since Brad no longer works in the industry, I don't see the point of the attempt to tarnish his reputation.

Wes - www.offroadvw.net - 200HP Quad Cam V6 in a VW Baja - with climate control... :)
www.taylorcycles.com.au - My DH MTB racing brothers shop.
MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

posted on August 10th, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Do you need a reputation to build cool cars ? I hope not cause my garage is full of cool cars and if I have a bad rep they will never get finished and the world will be a sad place .. and now i need to build a 5th wheel type camper for my Iguana Buggy, I hope someone has one I can copy .. anyone ????

Just for the record only 3 Iguana's Bodies where ever made, at this stage only one has been finished and that belongs to Claude aka "Hellequin," the other two should be finished in the year 2020. I was going to get another one finished but can't find anyone willing to tell me how to build it so am going to have to wait until Stu gets old enough to help me out. Until them it is just taking up shed space.

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/Buildingthebody/P1000111.jpg

mmm here are some guys I was copying off ...

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/Buildingthebody/P1000118.jpg

Damn that is a lot of clay....

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/Buildingthebody/IMG_4474.jpg

Ig anyone knows where these pictures where taken or who these guys are please let me know so I can get them to build my trailer to match the body I didn't make ... with the design I didn;t come up with .

Luckily I snuck this into my pocket before I left the guys shop ..

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/Buildingthebody/IMG_4463.jpg

Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
Membernewghia
A.k.a.: Noddy
Wolfsburg Wizard
stock is for people who cant think outside the square

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Charcoal
Mood: nood !

posted on August 11th, 2008 at 07:35 AM

Great to see you have maintained a healthy sense of humour Brad,
i think it looks cool,
I believe some reputations come attatched to pompas people with no ability to build things themselves or with no hands on ability,
And extreme expectations, oh wait, i dont think he is returning to this forum!!!
i bet he will....only browse invisible, because he really wants to know what people think!
every body seems to like it except him????
build enough cars from scratch & you will understand there will be teething problems.
All manufacturers have vehicle problems / recall's dont they?

Step up to get out !!!
MemberStenGuns
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 236

posted on August 11th, 2008 at 09:07 AM

Awwww.. my post was deleted.. Was it because I used condescending in a sentence?
MemberBaja Wes
Bishop of Volkswagenism
V6 Baja Pioneer

Threads: 94

Mood: Content

posted on August 11th, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Admin / moderators should u2u you with the reason for deleting your post.

Wes - www.offroadvw.net - 200HP Quad Cam V6 in a VW Baja - with climate control... :)
www.taylorcycles.com.au - My DH MTB racing brothers shop.
MemberStenGuns
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 236

posted on August 11th, 2008 at 02:21 PM

Nahhh.. I'm not that special.. And neither is this pretentious prick..

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Wes
Admin / moderators should u2u you with the reason for deleting your post.
Membersubisupa
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 46

posted on August 11th, 2008 at 04:06 PM

Pretentious wow big words are out now.

hehe.

It looks cool and who buggy's out?
MemberJVLRacing
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

posted on August 12th, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellequin
Sorry, People… I was away. Besides which this forum is not exactly on my list of daily watches.

A number of you gentlemen have raised some points that it would seem require an input from my side. So - I’ll try and keep the language simple, the tone neutral and the content as factual as is possible.

- There are – naturally – two sides to every story, and in fairness to Brad I recognise that he did in fact try and satisfy my needs from the start. The issue is not the energy involved but the degree of professionalism with which the project was subsequently undertaken. I believe – obviously it would seem incorrectly? – if one orders something from someone who sets themselves up as being an “expert” in the subject, one should be entitled to certain expectations. So, “Yes” – whilst in “context” these were ultimately more-or-less satisfied – in the “content” of their detail, this is not the case.

- My “complaint” is not that he didn’t “try” – merely that he didn’t “follow-through” – (for whatever undoubtedly, for him, justifiable reasons) - disappearing off the radar as soon as the vehicle was delivered and the real troubles started to make themselves manifest.

- And, by-the-by – for the record – “I” drove the vehicle personally down to Sydney and back. It didn’t go by trailor.

- What should be added – also for the record – is that as a result of my inexpert knowledge of this vehicle (as in 2wd off-road formats) – being far more used to driving 4WD in the Middle Eastern deserts – caused me to actually partially burn out the clutch whilst on the beach north of Newcastle. Duh! And – again – credit where credit is due, Brad provided an excellent lesson in how it “should be done”.

- As for “character assasination” – if I personally hadn’t liked the guy and found his original sincerity absolutely charming, I would never have gone through with this order. Once again, it’s the way it was handled and it’s sequels that caused issues for me.

- I have already written above what I intended to write – and have done so right within Brad’s own Forum – KNOWING full well that he has a support structure here of admirers and friends: NOT because I had an intent to do specific harm but, as with any client who has no way of contacting their supplier and feeling they have a number of specific issues to resolve, letting it be known that all was not hunky-dory - at all. AND because this Forum is the place – it would seem - to do it. So no regrets and no retractions. Merely the tired and bored remains of a once frustrated disappointment.

- For me the incident is closed. I achieved what I intended: namely to have a vehicle that would (a) either form the basis for an original method of transport for my TV series or (b) provide the “start point” for talking with various investors potentially interested in manufacturing a similar-styled, but ORIGINAL, general purpose, low cost (US$25 > 30 k) efficient and reliable vehicle that will “work” and be supported by standard guarantees and a genuine sales / distribution network. The TV series providing the perfect medium for showing it off.

- Within the above context it looks highly likely that a certain international 4wd manufacturer - interested in sponsoring the programme - may very well after all take the concept, throw some real dosh at it through their design department and finish up producing a real car that you may all see on the roads within the foreseeable future and even find available in Oz, fully RTA-compliant and registrable all around the country.

- And – finally – “yes” my Monaco email DOES work. AND I also posted it on purpose – in case anyone was so intellectually challenged as to think I might have dome so erroneously. (As in “by mistake”..?)

- I don’t see myself having any future need for returning to this forum as there is no further point. So I wish you well and am glad if my posts have offered either insights, amusements or opportunities to exercise a sense of ridicule for all concerned J

“Buggy Out!”
mmmwell said!
MemberLIFE IN THE LOW LANE
A.k.a.: Brennden Alder
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

Threads: 53

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Orange
Mood: What Kombi wants vs what Kombi gets are nowhere near the same...

posted on August 13th, 2008 at 09:41 AM

Maybe he has approached Lada in russia to build the Iguana?? then he'll know what problems with build quality are all about.

I used to work for a Lada dealership. A pre delivery inspection on a Lada took nearly 3 days. It included putting a kit through the carby, re kitting the master cylinder and re doing all the brakes, tune up, tightening all door hinges and placing more fasteners in door trims. Plus trying to get all the lights etc working as well.

And Lada was at the time a large car manufacturing company. So my guess is Brad hasn't done too bad with some minor issues with a prototype car.

[size=4] ACCEPT THAT SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIDGEON AND SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE[/size]

Alder Outlaws VW Racing - check it out on fb!!
Memberdaz67
A.k.a.: Darryl Hall
Wolfsburg Wizard
Qld Manx

Threads: 25

posted on August 16th, 2008 at 10:07 PM

My New Nissan Patrol spat it's turbo after 1200klm's and the owner of Nissan was no where to be found either!

Brad are you involved with Nissan by chance?

MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

posted on August 16th, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by daz67
My New Nissan Patrol spat it's turbo after 1200klm's and the owner of Nissan was no where to be found either!

Brad are you involved with Nissan by chance?

I was going to buy a Nissan but from memory I was on the phone with you when I was placing my order and you told me about your Turbo, hey you don;t want an Iguana do you ?

As for the people sending me PM's and emails and trying to get a response .. if you are dumb enough to think I am going to get into an arguement on a forum about this then you are dumb enough to take everything this guy is saying as fact so your mind is already made up.

All you need to know is that I no longer have anything to do with Custom Offroad / Custom Vee Dub and one of the main reasons I left is because I HATE CUSTOMERS. Now you can read into that what you will but at the end of the day I really do HATE THEM ... they are nothing but a PITA and always want everything for nothing and just spew pure BULL SH&T from the moment they walk in to the moment they die 50 years later. Yes there are a few good ones but you end up dicking them around whilst trying to control the bad ones. It just isn't worth the time and effort and I wasn't cut out for customer service because I HATE CUSTOMERS.

Either way as I have said before and I will say again, the dealings with this guy where all mine and do not reflect Custom Vee Dub in any way. I would hate to see them get a bad rep from something I did or did not do. There was more than 10 guys involved in building the Iguana in question and I am pretty close to certain that everyone of them is 100% aware of exactly who was causeing all the issues in relation to this buggy...

I had Buggies long before Custom Offroad and funnily enough I will have them long after. As luck would have it I now have an Iguana, first one out of the mould in fact and as I know who did what and who's ideas where who's I will be driving it for many many years to come with a grin from ear to ear and found memories of the many many many days and nights that were spent building a dream, not stealing some CUSTOMERS ideas.

Anyway I have said enough on this topic and have nothing further to add, feel free to chat amoungst yourselves as I will not be deleteing or clossing it.

Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
MemberCraig Torrens
A.k.a.: Craig Torrens
Scirocco Rare
6 times Australian, 7 times State Hillclimb Class Champion

Threads: 347

Mood: Time to go Salt lake racing, and actually achieve a result.

posted on August 16th, 2008 at 10:51 PM

mx 5 seats was my idea :lol::lol:

I hope I was one of the good customers :rolleyes:

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top