MemberGTMac
A.k.a.: Andrew
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 246

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Always asleep

posted on December 3rd, 2007 at 07:20 AM
Removing window rubbers

In general are window rubbers relatively easy to take out and put back in. The side rear qtrs look as though not that hard but any basic tips when trying front and rear screens.

Any body had experience with front rubbers from Vintage? The chrome trim insert type. They apparently are the only people doing this rubber unless you want the Cal look which I dont.

They themselve say they are a perfect fit but have had many customer say they cant get them to fit well.

Getting prepared for some resto on my 6 week Chritmas break.

Thanks, Andrew

1971 Type 3 Fasty - EJ20T

I love 242HP sleepers. :crazy:

How many sets of lights does it take a $229k Carrera S to learn? :lol: UPDATE: Cayman S, M3, B4 now added to the list.
Super Administratorvw54
Super Administrator
Always Waiting 4 Friday

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 378

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Oval resto ongoing

posted on December 3rd, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Quote:

They themselve say they are a perfect fit but have had many customer say they cant get them to fit well.

Yes you have to have some knowledge when doing any job, they do fit well but it takes time dont expect it to take 5 minutes

the rubber has to be fitted to the glass then the chrome trim to the rubber befoore you try fitting to the car use plenty of spray soap n water

side and rear windows on a beetle are usually safety glass which will come out with some pressure applied to the inside

If your rubber is stuff then cut using a razor blade no bneed to save it and less chance of busting the glass

with the windscreen check to see if its laminated or safety glass

I have had both break If its a laminated screnn then the only option is to cut the rubber

Go To Top