[ Total Views: 693 | Total Replies: 2 | Thread Id: 74458 ]
Author: Subject:  leaky superbeetle
Memberbeetleboy88
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 46

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue

posted on February 1st, 2009 at 11:01 AM
leaky superbeetle

I have just had all the window and door seals replaced and my car is still leaking. I have figured out it is coming from the front grille/vent on the bonnet which has a hole that sends the water to underneath the car. I have found that it is leaking just above the accelerator and brake pedals and appears to be because the weld where 2 bits of metal have been welded togeather has rusted/come undone. I have tried to plug these pin hole leaks with sealent but it is still dripping through a hole i cannot reach. Can anyone advise me on what i should do or how to fix the problem or even the easiest way to block the front grille/vent on the bonnet so now more drips occur. Cheers. By the way it is a 1973 Superbeetle

1973 Super Beetle
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on February 1st, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Hi

The area under the vets often rusts out and also the drain hole hole fills with crap.

You need to take the cover off under the bonnet and have a good look in there, its often not a pretty site.

Steve
Memberbeetleboy88
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 46

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue

posted on February 1st, 2009 at 05:10 PM

yeh mate i did that first up. seems to be in good condition...no rust what so ever, just a few leaves and crap about so it must be coming from that hole that drains the area. The hole down to where it comes out of the bottom of the car and drains out must have a leak or something and is leaking through the weld that is above the accelerator, brake and clutch pedals. the weld is where 2 bits of metal join up and is just above the steering column. Any help would be greatly appreciated since it is pissing with rain up here in cairns atm and dont want a damp interior:sniffle:

1973 Super Beetle

Go To Top