Author: Subject:  68 bug parts
MemberT1bug
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on March 17th, 2009 at 04:43 PM
68 bug parts

Hi, hoping someone can help with where is best places in or around Perth to get parts for 68 beetle, i will be after all sorts of parts for trans, engine, body etc.
cheers
Membercolonel mustard
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

No Avatar

Threads: 51

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Black

posted on March 17th, 2009 at 05:06 PM

If there is stuff you know you need and know what it is, post a WTD (wanted) ad in the for sale/wanted forum. Be sure to read the rules first.
The forum is a great place to pick up decent parts and usually quite cheap.
Iv found Classicveedub.com.au to be a really gret place to find parts for VW's of the aircooled type. And everybody loves Vintage, apparently. ( I havent used them yet but want to go there one day) they are on the west coast though.
MemberT1bug
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on March 17th, 2009 at 09:19 PM

Thanks, i will take a look at both those sites, nothing specific i want at this stage, my daughter has bought a convertible bug for her first car (shes not quite 16 yet) although it is generally quite good i want to go right through it and fix it up into tip top condition, it needs a second gear synchro so i want a gearbox reabuild kit and i want to stip the engine and give it a going through, so yeah nothing specific just yet, just doing my homework on where i can get parts easily as i need them before i start the strip down, i worked on a lot of these when i did my apprenticeship (25 years ago) and really looking forward to getting into it, brings back lots of good memories (and a few not so good). anyway thanks for the tips.

Go To Top