Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 2388 | Total Replies: 3 | Thread Id: 79129 ]
Author: Subject:  VW Kombi's dead engine in Fitzroy Crossing (WA)
MemberStewie666
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

exclamation.gif posted on September 18th, 2009 at 02:04 AM
VW Kombi's dead engine in Fitzroy Crossing (WA)

hy guys.
the engine of my vw kombi 1976 pop-top 2lt has gone a couple of days ago in Fitzroy Crossing (WA).
I think there's a hole in the piston or something like that 'cause while driving the oil spreads out of the engine.
I really wanna fix it, but I need another engine. I spoke with "broome motors" and they said it would cost me about 4.300 $ for the reconditioning using a second hand engine.
It's a fuckload of money...do u guys have any ideas how can I restore my wheels?
thanks a lot
Membervwjon
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 101

Mood: oily n thirsty

posted on September 18th, 2009 at 07:30 AM

hi, i'm guessing you are not a mechanic, which is a shame cos the vw engine is not hard to repair, wheres the main cost? the parts or the labour?
bill west can supply parts call him on 0428343544, other options are having the van shipped back to perth where repair costs would be alot less! have you tried the NOH2O forum (its under repair at the moment) they are more WA located. but they are also likely to know people in the area

3 1959 cadillacs
1 musso
2 early notchbacks
2 split kombis
2 split panels
1 split ute
1 low light panel
1 ex-pmg bay
1 country buggy
1 beetle ute
1 14" syncro caravelle
1 16" syncro doka
1 golf cabrio
1 vw camper trailer
2 3meter bombs
MemberStewie666
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

posted on September 19th, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vwjon
hi, i'm guessing you are not a mechanic, which is a shame cos the vw engine is not hard to repair, wheres the main cost? the parts or the labour?
bill west can supply parts call him on 0428343544, other options are having the van shipped back to perth where repair costs would be alot less! have you tried the NOH2O forum (its under repair at the moment) they are more WA located. but they are also likely to know people in the area

the main cost is the labour, of course.
what's the web address of the NOH2O forum?
thank you!!

anyway today I spoke with Stephen of KombiRescue...
I hope he can help me.
Membergrumble
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

Threads: 53

Mood: happy all the time

posted on September 19th, 2009 at 05:54 PM

I aasume that you have possibly dropped a valve and punched a hole in the piston or simply burnt a piston (usually due to crappy low octane/ethanol fuels).Yes labour is a part of the cost(we all like to eat and pay the rent) but most of the cost will be parts.VW motors cannot be fixed on the cheap regardless what a lot of people will tell you.Quality and cheap do not go together unfortunately.Good luck as Steve should be able to help.

Go To Top